Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 04:08 PM

Hi all. What is the average water depth of the tube excursion in Ocho Rios?

Old 04-29-2009, 09:53 PM

Hi Joey P, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I have no idea about this. Hopefully someone will.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 05-01-2009, 10:12 AM
HI,,,we did the white river tubing in Ocho Rios...it was billed as the slightly calmer one. Water was over my head the one time I flipped out. Everyone wears life jackets and the guides took extra special care of our six year daughter. The water was soooooo clean ...felt great....have fun if you have any other questions please asked. BTW ...the van trip to the tubing launch location was 1/2 of the adventure....single lane track roads with drop offs.....very cool.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:53 PM

Thanks for the info. The concern was a couple smaller children.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Joey,
I forgot to mentioned that at the very end of the float, the last 100 yards or so is only knee/waist deep. My older daughter was able to swim the last 100 without any fear. There is a mild current but nothing too harsh.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 AM

My daughter was 8 years old and probably weighed 50 lbs. (she's tiny) when we did this tour. She was in a very inflated tube, with a metal bottom (no butt bumping on the bottom) that I don't think she was big enough to flip. I am not sure I could have flipped the tube without working at it, and she had her own guide the whole trip. She had a blast and I never even considered safety. It was a great set up. Her guide, like so many in the tourist industry in Jamaica, was charming and sweet to her. She was always in our site--you don't spread out the much on the river. In a shallows she hopped off and swam a bit even.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-30-2009, 10:20 AM

I did this tour maybe 8 months ago and I just have to tell you that they have two different parts of the river where they will take you. One is really nice clean and clear water while the other place that is much closer and easier for the locals to take you to but this place is where we went and we were not impressed at all. The water wasn't clear and clean at all. Although it wasn't that bad I would have much rather went to the other part of the river. I saw all these pictures online and then while we were at the river I was like where the heck were these pics taken because it obviously was not here. Later the cab driver told us this.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 417rogers:
HI,,,we did the white river tubing in Ocho Rios...it was billed as the slightly calmer one. Water was over my head the one time I flipped out. Everyone wears life jackets and the guides took extra special care of our six year daughter. The water was soooooo clean ...felt great....have fun if you have any other questions please asked. BTW ...the van trip to the tubing launch location was 1/2 of the
adventure....single lane track roads with drop offs.....very cool.
Can I ask whom you did the tubing adventure with?(Meaning which company did you book it through?) And if we port in Montego Bay will we have time to do the one in Orcho Rio?
Old 08-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Just don't forget about the ststistician who drowned crossing a river with an average depth of 4 feet.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:28 AM

Give me the much calmer, serene, romantic raft polling down a lazy river with the sounds of birds and water..

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
average, caribbean, carribean, cruises, cruse, depth, depths, excursion, ocho, reviews, rios, royal, ship, tube, tubing, water