Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2005, 07:31 PM

I have searched for a stringray/snorkeling excursion through a private company and have been unable to locate a good time. If our ship arrives at 7:00 am and the Buccaneer tour meets at 10:00 am leaving at 10:30 am with 2 snorkel stops and stingray city. Does anyone see a problem making this excursion? The other company I have located with a good time is Marvin which meets at 10:45 am leaving at 11:15 am with one snorkel and stringray city. Could anyone recommend either of these companies.
We will be tendering at Grand Cayman and there will be another 5 ships at port that day. The other companies met at 8:00 am, 8:30 am and 9:00 am and we figured out we could not make these times.
Any opions on snorkeling at the Coral Gardens and at the Cayman Barrier reef? Are these worth going to? We have never been snorkeling and I have a 14 year old daughter and a 9 year old son traveling with us.
We would like to do the stringray excursion and the seven mile beach. However, if we use a private company we would not have time to go to a beach, but if we book through the cruise (doing the stringray excursion only) we could have time for the beach. My question is: Should we make time for the snorkeling or should we make the time to go to the beach?
In Cozumel, we are set to do the dolphin swim at Chankanaab Park and have heard you could snorkel and enjoy the beach there. Any comments on the Chankanaab Park?
Old 02-08-2005, 07:55 AM

My family and I are booked on the Buccaneer tour that you are describing. We will be on the Carnival Conquest from March 27th - April 2nd. We are in Grand Cayman on March 31st.

When is your trip?
Old 02-08-2005, 02:37 PM

Hi We were just in Cozumel. We took a taxi $10 to Chankanaab Park. It was $12 each to enter park. They do have a Family rate. You can spend the whole day there. The snorkeling was amazing! The fish are right at the shore swimming around the coral. A must do! Don't forget to take a walk around the park too. There is an area for "swimming with the dolphins" that you can watch. Have fun and don't forget the sunscreen on your back.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:05 AM

snorkeling in Grand Cayman is terrific..they take you out to a reef; the staff of the excursion tases sharks and giant eels to come out of the crevices; tfrom there we went to sting ray city [combo excursion]which was a lot of fun.

snorkeling in cozumel is ok..not as good as grand cayman... do the dolphin adventure in cozumel and snorkeling/sting ray city in GC

Closed Thread

Tags
buccaneer, catamaran, cayman, city, families, good, grand, review, reviews, snorkel, snorkeling, stingray, tour, tours, trips