Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 08:18 PM

Bought two of the books on a Royal Caribbean cruise for 25 or 30 i think. They have coupons for discounts and free stuff (gems and drinks) at many Caribbean ports. We used a lot of the coupons for Ocho Rios but didnt use any of the many other ports. The coupons expire 12/31/10 so wont get to use them Seemed a waste to pitch. I was gonna see if I could sell the books on eBay or something like that but just wanted to see if anyone on here was interested in them?
Old 07-17-2010, 08:27 AM

Are these the VIP shopping books they talk about at the port talks? Most people wouldn't be interested in buying coupon books where someone has used part of the coupons. You'd be better off just giving them to someone else you know that is going on a cruise.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:13 AM

This is from the port talk. I just figured that someone who was going to Grand Turk and Grand Cayman and Cozumel for example would not mind the Ocho Rios coupons being missing. Ocho Rios is the only port we used and the other ports (Acapulco, Antigua, Aruba, Barbados, Belize, Cabo san Lucas, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Curacao, Grand Cayman, Grand Turk, Grenada, Key West, Mazatlan, Montego Bay, Nassau, Puerto Vallarta, San Juan, St. Croix, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Tomas, and Tortola) are not used at all. I could just send the coupons for the port that one is visiting. I know a few other cruisers but none are going this fall to give to.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 AM

I've got a solution MKCruise10, book a cruise
Old 07-20-2010, 01:05 PM

Haha I wish I could
Old 07-22-2010, 08:44 AM

Found out a little known fact from our cruise director on our last cruise. Unless the coupons actually have a expiry date on them you can keep using them and also dont need to be on the ship (ie cruising on RCCL and have a coupon book from Princess). We were one of the unfortunate people who didnt catch the RCCL boat in NY in Dec (due to a snow storm) We caught up with the ship at our first port San Juan. Due to missing the first three days we missed buying the coupon book (fortunate for us). Our cruise director on RCCL gave us a coupon book he had for Princess and that is when he told us you can keep the books and use them when on other lines. I have two from RCCL (1 Alaska, 1 Caribbean) and when we were in the caribbean in Dec on RCCL we did use the Princess book with no questions asked. SOOOOO if you are a cruiser like me dont get rid of the coupon book, you can still use them. The cruise director told us that he had one lady that has had her coupon book for over 10 years and still uses coupons out of it, as there is always some ports you havent been to.

Quote:
Originally posted by MKCruise10:
Bought two of the books on a Royal Caribbean cruise for 25 or 30 i think. They have coupons for discounts and free stuff (gems and drinks) at many Caribbean ports. We used a lot of the coupons for Ocho Rios but didnt use any of the many other ports. The coupons expire 12/31/10 so wont get to use them Seemed a waste to pitch. I was gonna see if I could sell the books on eBay or something like that but just wanted to see if anyone on here was interested in them?

Caribbean - Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas - 2009

Hawaii - Pride of Hawaii - Norwegian America 2006

Western Caribbean - Royal Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas - 2005

Eastern Caribbean - Royal Caribbean - Navigator of the Seas - 2003

Alaska - Royal Caribbean - Radiance of the Seas - 2002

Read and post cruise reviews

Tags
american, book, caribbean, coupon, coupons, cruise, discount, expired, grand, port, rccl, rcl, royal, shopping, turk