Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2004, 02:48 PM

Does anyone have any experience with the Buccaneer Stingray City Catamaran Excursion http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.c..._Catamaran.htm

Or Captain Marvin's? We can't decide...

Or the Royal Caribbean's Personalized Stingray City Snorkeling Tour?

We're wondering about number of other passengers? Which stingray city (reef or sandbar)?

Also, what would be a safe time to schedule an outside company tour if we get in at 7:00 am, and have to tender to shore?

THANKS!
Old 05-27-2004, 02:48 PM

Does anyone have any experience with the Buccaneer Stingray City Catamaran Excursion http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.c..._Catamaran.htm

Or Captain Marvin's? We can't decide...

Or the Royal Caribbean's Personalized Stingray City Snorkeling Tour?

We're wondering about number of other passengers? Which stingray city (reef or sandbar)?

Also, what would be a safe time to schedule an outside company tour if we get in at 7:00 am, and have to tender to shore?

THANKS!
Old 05-27-2004, 05:10 PM

Hi,

A group of 20 of us are booked the Buccaneer for November. I went with them because their communication has been good and they offered to change the scheduled tour time to accomodate us. The boat holds 55 but they only take a maximum of 40, which they assured me, leaves plenty of room. We went with another company 2 yrs ago, can't remember who, but when we saw the cruise tour they were packed in like sardines and everyone had to wear life jackets, not that that's a bad thing, but I'm a big girl and I don't like to wear one.

Becky
Old 07-24-2004, 08:18 PM

I did capitan marvin a little over a year ago! They were awesome. They timed the trip so there were fewer boats at stingray city when we arrived (2 instead of the 5 we saw the first time we motored by) They provided an underwater scuba cameraman,

also....marvin goes to the sandbar (much better than city). I WILL take marvin next time i am in grand cayman.

check out.....

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/sea...M&tcode=000750

That's how I booked my trip.

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 08-02-2004, 12:46 PM

In GC we snorkeled with Native Way Watersports.
They pick you up at the cruise terminal. It was FABULOUS. Small groups of people and they take you to Stingray City + 2 excellent snorkeling sites. Price was on $30 per person and they accept Visa & MasterCard. Sharon is great at e-mailing back very quickly.

Check them out you won't be disappointed.

www.nativewaywatersports.com

Closed Thread

Tags
buccaneer, buccanneer, captain, captin, carribean, catamaran, cayman, city, cruise, marvin, review, reviews, stingray, tour, tours, wear