Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2004, 08:05 AM

Looking to go on my first cruise with my wife sometime around Aug 2005. I was originally planning on the Freeport and Nassau trip. I thought it would be cool to see Atlantis (since that is a possible future vacation spot) and do the whole snorkel and such. I've found, however, alot of comments that Nassau isn't that great and such so I am not looking at the Cozumel trip. So I'll turn to the people who have been there before! Which port do you think is better? Nassau or Cozumel? Or is there a third option I should look at? I know alot of this is subjective but if everyone says "Nassau isn't that great" I have a tendency to start wondering. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:05 AM

Looking to go on my first cruise with my wife sometime around Aug 2005. I was originally planning on the Freeport and Nassau trip. I thought it would be cool to see Atlantis (since that is a possible future vacation spot) and do the whole snorkel and such. I've found, however, alot of comments that Nassau isn't that great and such so I am not looking at the Cozumel trip. So I'll turn to the people who have been there before! Which port do you think is better? Nassau or Cozumel? Or is there a third option I should look at? I know alot of this is subjective but if everyone says "Nassau isn't that great" I have a tendency to start wondering. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:02 AM

I've been to Cozumel and I enjoyed my time there. The weather was terrific and there's lots of interesting shops. With that being said, there are some agressive salespeople and though there are interesting things, it isn't really bargain city.

Some of the bars have happy hour (2 for 1) and provide for nice beachside relaxation. I know there are also multitudes of excursions, and if you've got lots of time there you can even go as far as the Mayan Ruins.

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 12-31-2004, 12:11 PM

I would weigh in for Cozumel. Better weather, better beaches and more to do. Just my opinion.

Tom
Old 01-01-2005, 07:18 AM

I enjoyed Nassau when I stayed on Paradise Island/Atlantis for a land vacation, but on a cruise I would definitely pick Cozumel as a more preferential port of call.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, caribbean, cazumel, cozmel, cozumal, cozumel, cruise, freeport, mexico, nassau, nassauwhich, nassu, or, review, vacation