Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 05:44 PM

Hey All,

We are getting closer and closer to our group cruise on the Freedom in March! As final payments are being made, I'm getting very excited and starting to find out what our families may want to do. My husband and sons are interested in possibly golfing in the Caribbean, however, RC's excursion to Mahogany Run is very expensive. When I tried to find out the prices if they golf but don't go through RC, their web site says the rates change and to call the course for the rates. Does anyone have any idea if you can golf cheaper by getting there and booking it yourself? Are there any other courses on St. Thomas or any on St. Maarten? I had seen where there had been a golf course on St. Maarten previously that had been wiped away in a hurricane. I didn't see how long ago that happened to know if it has been rebuilt yet. Does anyone know about that? Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Getting through basketball season and then onward to the Caribbean!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-19-2010, 02:08 PM

If I were you I would try to arrange golfing on your own in St. Thomas. All you need to do is e-mail the course for tee times and pricing. Getting a cab is no problem and it is not a very long ride. The course is average but has a couple of great holes. I have not played in St. Marteen. Good luck,

Kelly
Old 02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
If you click here you can make your reservations up to 2 months in advance. Trust me the cabs will be lined up waiting to take you anywhere you want.
I googled the ST. Maarten club, it is said to be in poor condition.
Have fun!
Marsha

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 02-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Just remember, a poor round of golf is better than no golf at all.....Just remember to get back to the ship on time if you book your own tee time...The ship won't wait for you...Happy Sailing...

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
booking, caribbean, golf, golfing, maarten, martin, powered, sint, st, stmaarten, tee, thomas, times, vbulletin