Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 AM

Has anyone heard of a company called Island Marketing? Run out of Caymans it does tours throughout the Caribbean. I am looking at doing the Montego Bay Catamaran Adventures and was wondering if anyone had heard of it?? Help please.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:33 PM

Sorry, haven't used them anywhere. I hope before you book with them someone can attest to their professionalism. If there is one place I would strongly suggest sticking with a cruise excursion it would be Jamaica. Best wishes and just make sure before you book something on your own there.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:31 AM

I will second that. We have used Shoretrips.com in Jamaica, but they are US based and have insurance, references, etc. Jamaica is not the place to fly by the seat of your pants.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-21-2008, 10:44 AM

Thanks again. It turns out they can't take us anyway as the time we tender in is too late. maybe we will just do Margartaville and back to ship.

Pam

Quote:
Originally posted by spoheat:
I will second that. We have used Shoretrips.com in Jamaica, but they are US based and have insurance, references, etc. Jamaica is not the place to fly by the seat of your pants.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Pam, I highly recommend Sunset Beach Resort. $40.00 for adults and $20.00 for children. It is only about a mile from the port. Taxi was $2.00pp each way. You can see your ship from the beach. No peddlers to hassle you. It is an all inclusive resort and the cost will give you free use of the the beach, chairs, restrooms, pools and all the food and drinks you want. Bring your own 20 or 32 oz cup as they have a self serve soda machine and supply 6 oz cups. By the time you get back to your chair it is time for a refill! All alchoholic drinks are included too. The food is delicious. To use the restaurant though you must have shoes and proper clothing. No swimsuits. We just ate at the snackbar and found the food wonderful. They have a swimup bar too which we enjoyed. It was a great time in Mo Bay and I will do it again when we go back.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:44 PM

Thanks. SanDee. how did you book this??

Pam
Old 04-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Pam, You don't. Just go outside and ask a "red" taxi to take you to Sunset Beach Resort. It is a very short ride. We were a group of 13 so someone was standing there asking people where they were going and how many in our party. They arranged a new van for us. We all paid $2.00 and included another $1.00 for a tip so the driver made $13.00 to take us for a mile. He was really nice and talked to us on the way. He asked us if we would like him to pick us up. We said yes and decided on 2pm. When we came out there he was waiting. Not all of us wanted to leave at 2pm so for the ones who stayed he asked if we wanted him to come back but we did not know when they would leave so left them to make their own arrangements. When they came out there were taxis waiting. You want to take a red taxi as they are the only ones regulated by the government. Always make sure you settle on the cost before you get in the taxi. You should pay no more than $2.00 or $3.00 pp each way. It was a couple years ago so they may have gone up in price a little.

They do ask for your sign and sail card and return it when you leave. We thought it odd but had no problem getting them back. I think this is their way of knowing that we are not there for more than the day. If we do not return for our cards they would know we are still there.

We really had a great time. The food at the snackbar was awsome. If you like chicken make sure you try the Jerk Chicken. The fries were piping hot! We started off at the beach but eventually moved to the pool. Wonderful day! PM me your email address and I will send you some pictures. You can also find some pictures on their website. When are you going?

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, bay, catamaran, catamarian, day, forums, island, jamaica, marketing, montego, pass, resort, review, reviews, tour, w