Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 10:55 AM

I would like some suggestions for a beach that is safe and fun to go to in Montego Bay. We will be traveling with our 3 yr old daughter and my husband's parents. We love to snorkel, and have been to Duns River Falls before. We can't go there this time because of mobility issues with my husband's mother. Thanks for your suggestions.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 03-30-2009, 10:56 AM

Hi txmommy, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I'd suggest checking into an all-inclusive. I believe there is a Sandals there. Cornwall and Doctor's Cave are also recommended beaches. Rose Hall beach is about 15 miles away, but I believe they offer day passes. I actually think an all-inclusve is the best way to go, but that's just my opinion. Hope you have a marvelous cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:31 PM

We went in December off Conquest. I have mobility issues and we had a 2 1/2 yo with us. We did the Negril/Margaritaville excursion thru the ship and it was GREAT! Water clear, trampoline,lots of lounge chairs with umbrellas, Lunch was very good. The local vendors were there if you wanted something but didn't bother you with trying to get you to buy. I saw people snorkeling and kids playing in the water. Our little throughly enjoyed himself. I sat in my lounger with my book and just enjoyed the breeze and people watching. They also stopped at a place on the way back for "secure" shopping. If you wanted to patronize Margaritaville you could, but you didn't have to. They also had very clean restrooms and a shower for getting the sand off. We booked this thru the ship.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:02 AM

Thank you for the suggestions. The tour to Negril/ Margaritaville sounds great. I love my MIL and did not want her to have any trouble getting around. This sounds like a nice fit.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 04-03-2009, 06:56 PM
I concur with Penny regarding both the Doctor's Cave and the Cornwall beach locations. As an aside you might consider rafting down the Martha Brae River- The ride out will give to you a really great feel for the true beauty of Jamaica!

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
3yr, beach, cornwall, cruise