Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Well people I am planning my next cruise, I hope next year if I am lucky, so I was looking to go back in the carnival Destiny and they change the itinerary and now they will go to ď La RomanaĒ In Dominican Republic.
I donít know anything about this port of call,
Can anyone give me some info on it??
Is that a resort or a city??
Some people told me that Dominican Republic is a nice vacation opportunity so Iíll like to know any info you can give me about it
Thanks
Old 07-30-2007, 10:04 AM

We were in La Romana last December with Costa. It's across from the mainland. It looked like it was set up to be Costa's "private island" with the Costa colors for the beach chairs and umbrellas. There were shops that were very expensive. Costa had a bar-b-que on the island. Some dinner mates went over and took a tour of the city. They said it was very interesting, but long. We did a catamaran sail/snorkel that was great. We booked through Costa. The water was crystal clear and the sea life abundant. We bought some souvineers and headed back to the ship. The beach was very clean, the city itself looked industrialized, but this was from a distance. There are resort areas on the mainland, but we didn't visit them. The locals were very friendly and knowledgable. Most spoke more than 1 language. We had a great guide on our snorkel tour, she had a wealth of information about her homeland. I'd highly recommend a snorkel tour. Hope this helps a little.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:48 PM
thanks it really help I don't know anything about La Romana so thats a Resort or a town??
Old 07-30-2007, 10:43 PM

Not really a resort but a town on the east end of the Island. We spent the day on Isla Catalina and never did go into town.

Closed Thread

Tags
catamaran, cruise, dominican, excursion, la, republic, review, reviews, romana, romona, sail, snorkel