Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 06:32 AM

I will be going on the Fascination on 12/10 and our ports of call are Key West and Cozumel. My daughters(ages 12 and 17) love the beach and I was wondering what beaches will be the easiest to access as well as nice? I really dont want to pay for an excursion but am wondering if that is the best option?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:55 AM

Hi Scottrudy36, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Key West is not really noted for their beaches. Smathers Beach is probably the most note-worthy. You could grab a cab. You could take the Conch Train ride, take a tour of Hemingway's estate, but if nothing else, go to the Blond Giraffe for some heavenly key lime pie. It's right off of the main street through town. In Cozumel, my favorite place for water sports, especially snorkeling is Xel-ha. That does require transportation expenses. Chankanaab Park is nice as well and would probably be the least expensive to get to for cab fare, but they charge to get into the park. The snorkeling there is not as good as it was before the hurricane because of the reef damage, but it is still good. Another highly recommended beach is Paradise Beach. We're going to try that one out in January. It's where they film the Corona commercials. There are tons of posts in this section on both Cozumel and Key West. Just use the find tab above the messages, and type in Cozumel or Key West. If you find something that interests you and need further information, please don't hesitate to ask. We'll do our best to answer your questions. Have a wonderful cruise and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Welcome aboard Scott. I can't speak about the beaches, but I took this same cruise in September. It was fabulous! We just shopped in Key West which I am sure your children won't find entertaining. You aren't in Key West that long so I would take the Conch train ride. There are several places in Cozumel for water sports and other excursions and the water is beautiful. The taxis aren't that expensive either. The Fascination is beautiful and so much fun. There is always something to do and something to eat! Fascination is one of the smaller ships, but I thought it was a great ship for our first cruise. I could go on and on, but I will stop here. I hope you have a wonderful time and let us know what you think.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beaches, carnival, cozumel, cruise, key, ride, smathers, train, west