Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 04:47 PM

Has anyone done the Beach Horseback Riding excursion in Ocho Rios? Price? Is it worth it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:42 AM

Hola,

I haven't tried the horseback riding excursion in Ocho Rios but I have done it in Cozumel and it was a blast. I did my excursion with wild tours and it was a good price too. It was about 52 dollars I believe and I thought that it was well worth it
Old 01-10-2008, 08:54 PM

We did the horseback riding a few years ago in Ocho Rios, it was ok although not worth the price! I think it was around 80ish dollars a person. the part where you rode in the ocean was very short. I went on a cruise in December of 07 with my family to Ocho Rios and because of my moms limited abilities (she had to ride on a motorized scooter) we got off the ship on our own and found someone to take us on a personal guided tour for 25. a person, his name was Johnson or Johnston something like that, he took us everywhere and even let us stop to shop in one of the shopping areas, he was very respected by alot of people that worked in the buisness areas, he took us to where he said that you could go horseback riding for only 25.00 sure beats 80.00 I highly reccomend this guy he is honest in every way, if I return to Jamaica I will certainly look him up, you just go off the ship and to the end of the docks and you will be approached by several people wanting to take you on a tour, just ask for hom I promise you will be not dissapointed. Hope that this helped
Old 01-12-2008, 01:04 PM

We did the horseback riding excursion in 2006 and it rates as one of our favorites (take in mind that we are not predisposed to wander around Jamaica alone and will be doing some sort of organized activity there for safety reasons). We booked through SHoretrips.com and the organization they used was called Hooves (they also have a website to book directly). The animals are all rescue animals, in good condition. The ride was quite long, through the jungle/plantation, knowledgeable guide in terms of the plants, etc. A rest on the beach while they put "water tack" on the horses (there are merchants there: they were very kind, very desperate, but backed off immediately to a no, thank you, and they stayed with their merchandise and did not come to us) and then the swim. It was short, but so wonderful! also great photo ops--and the kids used the rest time to play in the ocean so not wasted time. Then we rode back to where we started along the beach--a different route. It was wonderful and we are not experienced with horses nor overly fond of them. We loved it.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-12-2008, 06:27 PM

Thanks for the great reviews.. We are looking at booking through prospect plantation tours do you know anything about them? Horseback riding, Lunch and Dunn Rivers Falls for $80 US including pick and return to the port. Approx 4.5 hrs. De

Closed Thread