Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 04:20 AM

I asked this on the Belize board but they dont get much action over there. What is there to do other than cave tubing and zip lining? My DH cant due those because of back problems. Is this a port that is better just site seeing rather than excursions?

Edited to remove advertising links.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:05 AM

dont know if I can help much but i will just tell u about our stop there last sept.
not much... that being said Belize is really not safe to do much except shopping in the fenced in area. they had cancelled the cave tubing because the day before a carnival passenger had died in the caves due to swift water. not sure we would have done it anyway. no regualations or standards in these 3rd world country. it is a very poor country.we did a bit of walking around the fenced in area and then headed back to the ship.
if we go back again we will probably do the bannister island excursion...all you get for your money tho is a boat ride to the tiny tiny spot of land in the middle of the carribean, but i do think it is safe.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:17 AM

Why was the duck bad at playing "hide and seek"? Because he was a Peking duck.. Sorry, I know that joke was fowl. Seriously, Belize is a most beautiful little country that has not been as spoiled as some of the more commercialized Caribbean stops. There is quite a bit to do in Belize (even for the DH). You could look into visiting the Belize Zoo. Or you can take an excursion to the Altun Ha Mayan site. If you appreciate flora and fauna, you can take a short boat ride to the northern coast of Belize and check out the Temples of Lamanai. Or you can check out the tallest structures in Belize at the Xanantunich Mayan Temples. I know that these excursions are more sightseeing oriented but the Mayan culture is very important to the local residents and they are proud of their heritage. Cave tubing and zip lines are definitely the most strenuous of the activities that Belize has to offer but, with a little research, you and the DH can have a most enjoyable visit.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:20 AM

There is good snorkeling there as well.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I will be there in 6 days and will take the Old Belize River and Al Tun Ha Mayan trip...Did it once before and it was great....saw crocs, monkey's, Lizards, Manatee's....and had a native lunch of rice and some kind of meat...didn't ask what kind of meat it was...Happy Cruising..

Bob E
Old 01-17-2009, 05:53 PM

We did the reef snorkeling there, was realy nice, I recommend it!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I will be there in 6 days and will take the Old Belize River and Al Tun Ha Mayan trip
Let me know how it was--I'll be there on Feb. 3rd.

Sonny

Closed Thread