Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2006, 02:12 PM

Hi, I am looking to set up a photography excursion in April. I will be on the NCL Pearl.
Does anyone have advice/ tips?
Thanks,
Cruising Boo Boo
Old 09-26-2006, 09:49 AM

What ports will you be visiting?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:10 PM

I will visit:
Barbados
Antigua
St. Lucia
Tortola
Dominica
Have you ever taken a phot excusion in any of these ports?
Old 09-26-2006, 02:11 PM

No, but I've taken lots of pictures. That's a great itinerary. Dominica is a beautiful island with some gorgeous waterfalls, lush rain forests, and the best snorkeling trip I've ever been on. If you do any snorkeling, take the Champagne Beach sail/snorkel, it is awesome. You snorkel over a volcano vent, the bubbles make it look like you're in a glass of champagne and you can feel the change in temperature in the water. On Tortola there is a restaurant on the top of a mountain on the north side of the island, can't remember the name, but the locals will know. You can see where the Atlantic and the Caribbean meet, the difference in the colors of the water makes it look like an actual line in the water. Great photo op. St. Lucia is a beautifully lush island as well. Barbados has some beautiful beaches. We'll be in Antigua for the first time in December, really looking forward to it. I'm sure there's someone on the board that has done the photo tour because the islands your visiting are wonderful. Best wishes!!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:38 AM

What is a photography Excursion?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:55 PM

A photo excursion would be a day trip w/ a photo guide who can give tips on photography and take you to interesting sites.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
No, but I've taken lots of pictures. That's a great itinerary. Dominica is a beautiful island with some gorgeous waterfalls, lush rain forests, and the best snorkeling trip I've ever been on. If you do any snorkeling, take the Champagne Beach sail/snorkel, it is awesome. You snorkel over a volcano vent, the bubbles make it look like you're in a glass of champagne and you can feel the change in temperature in the water. On Tortola there is a restaurant on the top of a mountain on the north side of the island, can't remember the name, but the locals will know. You can see where the Atlantic and the Caribbean meet, the difference in the colors of the water makes it look like an actual line in the water. Great photo op. St. Lucia is a beautifully lush island as well. Barbados has some beautiful beaches. We'll be in Antigua for the first time in December, really looking forward to it. I'm sure there's someone on the board that has done the photo tour because the islands your visiting are wonderful. Best wishes!!

Thanks for all your tips. I am excited to see these places. Before I knew I was going I read on a chat about a photographic tour in Barbados, but now I can't seem to find that information. I've googled it but no luck. So if anyone out there has info please post it. Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
barbados, caribbean, photo, photography, pictures, tips, tours, trip