Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 02:41 PM

I'm cruising on Freedom Of the Seas in January (!!!!!!!!!!!) and I was wondering if anyone knew if snorkle equipment was available for rental? I have all but our day in Grand Caymen mapped out and I understand that some of the best snorkling in right off the pier...anyone?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:36 AM

Hi Rosey223, welcome to Cruise-Chat. The last time we sailed on RCL, they had equipment available to rent on board, not sure if they still offer that. There are equipment rental places in Grand Cayman, however. There is some good snorkeling near where you tender. When I did my snorkeling there, I did it through the ship, but there have been posts of being able to use the dock of some of the bars located there. You may want to check into Stingray City as well, that's a really good excursion and snorkel gear is included. We have our own, so I don't know what the prices are. Maybe someone else will post that does. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise! I've seen the travel channel w/Samantha Brown on the Freedom, she's a beauty. There are lots on this board that have sailed her and sure haven't heard any complaints.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:10 AM

I wish we had a week to spend in Grand Cayman! For $35 you can do an organized tour to Stingray City plus one of the reefs to snorkel, which includes equipment, stingray food, your sailboat ride, and more. http://www.cayman.org/crosby is one site for such a tour but there are many others that would be similarly priced. Booking through the ship will cost you about $75 for the same excursion. If you don't care about seeing the stingrays though (or in my case, don't want to bring my 2 yr old on that excursion) you can snorkel off the shore. http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/Of...Snorkeling.htm has great tips about locations and where rental equipment is available, etc. There are many good locations that would be just a short taxi ride or possibly even within walking distance from the ship. Good luck!

Closed Thread