Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2004, 11:24 AM

Went to Eastern Carribean last fall and was hooked. We went via HAL's Zaandam and couldn't have been more pleased. Now I was to know is the Western Carribean better than the east? I have heard that it is and want to hear some responses.

Thanks Beatrice
Old 03-08-2004, 11:24 AM

Went to Eastern Carribean last fall and was hooked. We went via HAL's Zaandam and couldn't have been more pleased. Now I was to know is the Western Carribean better than the east? I have heard that it is and want to hear some responses.

Thanks Beatrice
Old 03-08-2004, 12:38 PM

Beatrice, it all depends what you like to see and do. If you enjoy "sampling" new places, then by all means go for a western or southern Caribbean itinerary next time. If you like getting to know places better over time and additional visits, then go eastern again and see or do something you didn't on your first pass. Western Caribbean itineraries will often have an additional day at sea, compared to eastern - though that is not always the case. I can't say either is "better" - just different.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:09 PM

We've been to the Western Caribbean and the Eastern Caribbean and prefer the Eastern. It's a matter of preference, of course. We loved the sailing and snorkeling in the Eastern Caribbean, as well as the mountainous islands (the islands in the Western Caribbean tend to be flat).

The Western Caribbean has a lot going for it, too. We really enjoyed visiting Mayan ruins in Costa Maya and Cozumel. Grand Cayman wasn't our favorite port, but I know people who have been there who absolutely love it, especially the "swimming with the sting rays" excursion and Seven Mile Beach.

As Karen pointed out, it's all worth visiting. Have a great time!
Old 03-28-2004, 07:17 AM

Have done 4 Western and 2 Eastern. Love them all. Eastern is great for shopping. Western is great for beach events. If you really like the beach then either offers it, but Western seems to be more water oriented. Love Cozumel and Grand Caymen. Belize is beautiful but very third world. Look at the itinerary and go on the port chat section or in www.cruiseclues.com and check out port information and see. Also it depends on time of year. Western seems warmer and the seems to have calmer seas. Give it a shot, it is all great.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:44 AM

We have been on 20 plus cruises can't remember,but we prefer the Eastern, We love St Thomas,Old San JuanAND St Marteen don't care much for the Bahamas.Ont the other hand Cozumel has really improved over the last couple years. They can keep Belize, if we go there again I would'nt bother to get off the ship.Grand Cayman is nice.It is all different so it is very hard to compare!
Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, caribbean, carribean, cruise, east, eastern, places, review, reviews, verses, visit, vs, west, westcarribean, western