Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2006, 04:51 PM

Hubby and I are going on our 1st cruise in June on the Mariner.We are curious to know if we have to pay to get to the beaches or are they right there. Do we have to plan for an excursion to get to the beaches? We are going to Coco Cay, St Thomas and St. Martin. Can any of you "experienced" cruisers help us out or give us any advice? Thanks
Old 05-13-2006, 05:12 PM

Have not been in St Tomas or St Martin but have been on Coco Cay and they take you to the Island and the beaches are a stones throw away from where you land at.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:53 AM

Jenny,
There is a nice beach at St. Martin that is right at the water taxi dock. Restaurants along the strand will all try to get you to sit in their chairs - all free but they expect you to eat, drink, and be merry with them for the day.Food and drink are very reasonable. The water taxi is just off to the left as you exit the cruise ship dock.
Morning Star Beach in St. Thomas is a very short taxi ride from the pier and a very pleasant beach. Although, I think you should take a taxi and visit Meagan's Bay on the other side of the island - truly one of the world's must beautiful beaches.
Coco Cay is a beach and one of my favorite places.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:03 PM

Bill and Paulette, are spot on. Another beach from St. Thomas stop that is absolutely awesome is Trunk Bay on St. John. You can take a ferry for $6/pp, the cab ride up if I remember was $4/pp and entrance to the beach was $2/pp (I think). The water is crystal clear and warm. There is a self-guided beach snorkel. They have lockers, a snack bar, a couple of shops (but shop in St. Thomas), fresh water showers and restrooms. It is one of the most beautiful beaches we've been to and the snorkel isn't bad at all. Enjoy your cruise!!

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cococay, topless