Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 10:31 AM

Hi,
I am going on a western caribbean cruise, the ports being belize, playa del carmen, costa maya and cozumel. Having been on a cruise before, i know that you can sometimes purchase excursions at port. Would it be a safe idea to do so at these locations? Has anyone purchased an excursion at shoretrips.com or know of any other excursion site?

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:35 PM

shoretrips.com is a reputable company to use. Just keep in mind what is repeatly said "If you don't book through the cruise line shore excursions you could get left behind if you are not there on time."
Old 02-08-2006, 01:53 PM

You can also search forums such as this for specific guides in the regions you are seeking. Often, you can book directly with the tour operator (website and or email) and get a good deal to boot.

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 02-13-2006, 11:38 AM

Yes, shoretrip.com is ok, however also very expensive...try local sites that only sell their port, they have better control and quality like cozumelwatersports.com...good luck
Old 03-04-2006, 11:37 AM

Hi there, my wife and I cruised with NCL to Belize 2 years ago, and purchased our excursion off of the pier, there are several booths there, and people holding signs that will direct you to their booth if you show interest. We went on a snorkeling trip that included an hour of snorkeling and a couple of hours at a small secluded island and we enjoyed very much. The island had no bathrooms, but did have a booth with excellant kabobs and cold beer for purchase. I forget the name if the island. We made sure that the trip returned us 2 hours early before the ship left to give us lots of time to return in case something got messed up. On that cruise my wife and I always bought our excursions after we got off of the ship, and saved a lot of money, but I know it's taking a chance. Hope this helps
Old 03-07-2006, 05:50 AM

Has any one heard of the company "Cozumel Cruise Excursions"?

Closed Thread

Tags
buying, canaveral, cruise, excursion, excursions, port, purchase