Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 03:17 PM

I think I had put this out once before but did not have any luck with the thread. Here I go again: We will be cruising out of San Juan in April and upon return, would like to find a hotel with pool, etc that we could hang out at until our late flight (5:00pm). It would be nice to spend the day and relax with a place to store our carry ons and be able to change from beach wear to travel wear prio to taking a cab to the airport. We have done all the excursions and will be spending two nights prior to the cruise. Any suggestions????

Thanks for the help.

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, if you want to step off the ship and into your hotel you can't get much closer than the Sheraton Old San Juan. Just google it and see what you think. It looked very nice and there is a pool etc. We were just there but did not stay in the Hotel.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 03-27-2009, 07:19 PM

I'm not sure if this will help with this, however Barrachina restaurant has free luggage storage. It is in Old San Juan. Here is a link.

Dwayne
Old 04-06-2009, 03:13 PM

If you want to see the Old San Juan, stay in the Sheraton, is nice but not great. I recommend the Caribe Hilton or the Conrad Condado Plaza, they have great pools, beach access & restaurants, they are 3 or five minutes from the ports.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 AM

Hi Ama 8, welcome to Cruise-Chat. We stayed at the Condado Plaza and were very pleased. However, I think PeterI just wanted a half day pass. I'm not sure whether the Plaza offered something like that, but it is a great place to stay. Hope to see you more on the board. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:04 AM

Thank you all for your comments. I think I will have to contact the hotels directly to see if they offer something that would work.

Ama8 Welcome to Cruise Chat !

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-07-2009, 12:42 PM

Peter, did you check into the luggage valet service? You wouldn't have to worry about your luggage if you could use it. Beaches in San Juan are open to the public, even those fronting hotels. The Condado Plaza Hotel is the only one with lifeguards.

Sonny

Closed Thread