Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2006, 01:37 PM

We are sailing to San Juan in January. Our ship arrives at 5pm.... we wanted to see the Rainforest, but I guess that's out of the question. Does anyone know of any good Eco or Historical tours we could do from 5pm to midnight? We really aren't into the shopping or bars .. would just like to see the island. Heard the bioluminescent kayak tour was good, but would like some other options, too. Thanks so much Mary
Old 08-27-2006, 01:37 PM

We are sailing to San Juan in January. Our ship arrives at 5pm.... we wanted to see the Rainforest, but I guess that's out of the question. Does anyone know of any good Eco or Historical tours we could do from 5pm to midnight? We really aren't into the shopping or bars .. would just like to see the island. Heard the bioluminescent kayak tour was good, but would like some other options, too. Thanks so much Mary
Old 08-27-2006, 06:14 PM

Hi Mary, Welcome to Cruise-Chat. It's too bad your ship docks so late. I know El Morro closes at 6pm, so other historical tours may do the same. I would check the cruise line site to see what might be offered.

Hope this helps...

Sonny

Old 08-27-2006, 08:43 PM

Hi Mary,

Not sure what time these tours start but they are in the evening.

Night Horseback Riding: Ride on horseback through the foothills of the rainforest, where only the stars in the sky and some friendly local fireflies light well-groomed trails.
http://carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?portcode...excursioncod e=427006

Bacardi Evening Experience: Kinda Historical Experience the spirit and spirits of Bacardi, the largest rum factory in the world.
http://carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?portcode...excursioncod e=427017
Old 08-28-2006, 11:53 AM

Mary, just out of curiosity which line are you sailing on? We are taking the Costa Magica leaving on Jan 21. We are also stopping in San Juan arriving at 5:00. This is somewhat disappointing as both of the Forts close at 6:00 and they are both exciting. I did go on their website and Costa does offer quite a few excursions.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-28-2006, 12:53 PM

Hi Debster!
We, too, are sailing the Magica on Jan 21st!! I can not pull up the excursions on Costa. I get a page that reads 'shore excursions' but no info below. I've even gone onto Carnival, etc, to look at the excursions assuming they would be about the same. Wanted to do the Rainforest but it too closes at 6pm. Well, still have a few months to figure it out... thanks for your help
Old 08-28-2006, 01:02 PM

Thanks TaraLeigh!!
I will definately look into these excursions! The horseback riding sounds great, I just hope it doesn't start before we dock. The kayak sounds cool too. Thanks again for your help
Old 08-28-2006, 01:11 PM

When you go to Costas home page on the left is a link that says By Shore excursion. Click on that and put in the itineray, then the country, which obviously is Puerto Rico and then Puerto Rico. A page will then come up and give you all the excursions offered for that port of call. Some sound great, but quite pricey. What is your cabin? We are on Veronese deck. I am actually quite excited about this. We are celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary. It would be great to talk to you more. Have you ever cruised on Costa before?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-28-2006, 01:24 PM

We'll be going on the Magica December 23rd. Not planning on doing much in San Juan. I'll let y'all know how it goes. It's been a long time since I've sailed on Costa, and I'm really looking forward to it. The last time was on the CarlaC (telling my age now). It was great fun. Best wishes!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:15 PM

Thanks Penny!! Love to hear about your trip... sounds like we'll all have a great time

Closed Thread