Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 06:02 PM

9 days and counting!
Just curious we have been to cozumel twice and both times taken in the shopping,
Any suggestions on a good restaurant?
Attraction that would pull us away from the shopping?
some adventure the men would enjoy?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:14 PM
I have eaten at Poncho's Backyard a few times. It's all the way at the end of the shops. Pretty good food and friendly staff.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 12-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Administrator

It's been several years, but I second Larry's recommendation. The restaurant is in the back of Los Cinco Soles. The food, drink, and atmosphere were wonderful. Enjoy!
Old 12-30-2008, 06:18 PM

I really like Pancho's Backyard restaurant. There are two locations, one downtown and one at Carnival's pier shopping area. I didn't go downtown last time, I was shopped out from the previous two visits. Chankanaab Park is a great attraction. Do the men like snorkeling? There are several beaches that have parasailing etc. Best wishes for a great cruise!

Dwayne
Old 12-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Any suggestions on a good restaurant?
I heard great things about Pancho's Backyard within Los Cinco Soles gift shop in downtown Cozumel (San Miguel).

Also I heard great things about the restaurant called La Choza. Here is there website:
www.lachozarestaurant.com

Quote:
Attraction that would pull us away from the shopping?
Discover Mexico: a museum of artwork and outdoor miniature models of famous Mexican cities and landmarks through-out the countries history. My group stopped by this place on our shorex. Here is the website:
www.discovermexico.org

Also, Hacienda Antigua- Tequila History Tour. A mock-up of a Tequila farm and distillery. Guided tours and talks about the history and facts about Tequila. Free samples of Cava Antigua brand Tequila offered; as well as for sale. Here is their websites:
www.haciendaantigua.com.mx
www.cavaantigua.com
Yes, my group also stoped at this place. I don't drink alcohol, so I took the word of my group when they said it was excellent Tequila. My shorex. guide said this Cava Antigua brand is considered the best Tequila and is not sold in the US.
Quote:
some adventure the men would enjoy?
Maybe check-out that "4x4 Jeep Safari" shorexcursion (or similar words). I heard allot about it, but never booked it.

Of course, Cozumel is renowned for its diving and snorkeling. The men might enjoy doing that. I heard Chankanaab Park is one of the best spots for snorkeling and diving in Cozumel.

So, I hope that was some help. Have a good time on your cruise.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:48 PM

HI,
I've been on 16 cruises and half of them have probably been to Cozomel. LOL I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Jeep Safari tour. You drive the jeep and can be as rough or calm as you like. They take you to snorkel or hang out by a pool for an hour or so then go all the way around the island. They take you to a mayan ruins area, then on around the island for a FREE Mexican buffet. A real Mexican Buffet. It was wonderful. We ate under huts on the beach, played volleyball or just took in the sights of the water. It was beautiful. Then you continue on around the island to the Fameous "Pee Pee Station". I thought this was going to be a huge attraction as most people who have been to Cozomel have been there. It's a souvineir shop, good prices. They then take you back into town and give you free drink in Senor Frogs, alcoholic or not. It was worth every dime and a got us out of the same old think in Cozomel. Have fun.
Paradise 2000
RCCL Monarch 2002
CCL Legend 2002
Triumph 2003
Victory 2004
Fascination 2004
Regal Empress 2005
Liberty 2005
Imagination 2006
Inspiration 2006
Costa Mediterranea 2007
Fascination 2007
Victory 2008
NCL Norwegian Sky 2008
Carnival Miracle April 2009????
Old 12-31-2008, 06:06 AM

Pancho's Backyard is a definite... mmmm.. fish tacos and some of the freshest salsa ingredients you will ever find. They have their own reverse osmosis water system in house so that you can enjoy ice in your cocktail or just water without worrying about Montezuma creeping up on you. I always rent a car in Cozumel because, to me, the back side of the island is far more beautiful than the tourist areas.
robert
Google their name... go to their website... select coupon link... print coupon for a free Awesome Margarita!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:53 AM

We were told that the jeeps in Cozumel could not go "off road" right now because they are still regrowing vegetation following Hurricane Wilma. We did the jeep tour through Adventuras Naturales (We actually booked through Shoretrips.com but that was the local vender) and my husband thinks it is the best thing we ever did. We toured the whole island, the oldest town on the island (a little shopping and history) snorkeling, a couple stops on rocky coastline for pictures (gorgeous--also surf blow holes which were interesting)a cantina (best chips and guac I have ever had) which was open air on the beach, a beach and a restaurant for late lunch (firegrilled chicken, homemade tortillas and fixings). It was about a 5-6 hour thing and was fabulous. Something for everyone, and I think you pretty much see the whole island. My daughter doesnt snorkel and she sat that out and was fine. We don't drink and still had a lot of fun at the cantina. The group was small, us 4 and another couple from Englund--it was fun just visiting with them about their homeland. Look into it. It was worth every $$.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
adventuras, brand, cozomel, cozumel, jeep, mexico, naturales, pee, pic, rccl, review, safari, sell, sold, station, tequila