Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2006, 06:06 PM

Just wondering how early we should have our excursions booked?

Or is there such thing as booking too early?

Tara
Old 08-27-2006, 06:51 PM

Hi,
There is no booking too early. I never book my excursions through the cruise line. I book on line. If you book on ship, you're probably smarter by booking right away. Some times the bookings sell out.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:28 PM

I agree, you can often save money and hassle by buying online in advance.

Have a look at this Cozumel tour and news website for some ideas...

Ian
Old 09-05-2006, 05:36 PM

Book soon, They are always sold out on the ship. Even if they tell you they will be plenty to book on the ship, not ture.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:16 PM

I have never been on a cruise we are going on our 1st in January but I have been reading in reviews and the prople who bought there excursions outside the cruise line did not get there money refunded if the port was closed to the cruise ship. I would be scared that saving a little money would bite me in the butt if this would happen.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:07 PM

If a tour company did that to people they wouldn't be in business long. Normally they take your credit card number to confirm your reservation. The excursion isn't charged to your credit card until you show up for the tour. If the port is closed you shouldn't have to worry about it. For any other reason you should call the tour company.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:31 PM

I have started booking them on my own and you can save about 50% doing it this way. But for new cruisers, it can be confusing, so you can always book through the cruise line. Having said that, the question about how soon to book is answered best by the rule of thumb- "If there is something you decide you MUST see or do, then book as soon as you decided and the cruiseline lets you." Book online through the website. Nothing is worse than waiting to you get on the ship and find out that once in a lifetime excursion is sold out.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-12-2006, 08:10 AM

TaraLeigh99 - What port of calls are you doing?

I agree with SonnyV - I never book thru the ship - the prices are much higher.

I spend alot of time reading reviews on each port we are going to. Then spend alot of time asking questions. By the time I'm done researching I know what we want to do. Then I always book on line with each company - yes they do want your credit card number. But, I have never been charge if something happens.

We have enjoyed each port we have been to.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:33 AM

I agree also. But if you book a Ship's tour the ship will usually wait for you if is unexpectantly delayed coming back.

Most of the main common excursions can be booked when on board. The Specialty excursions that have limited participants, and you are certain of..book online early.

If you are certain of something go ahead and book it. The "port talk" onboard they give is usually to sell what is still available. And have never seen them run out of space.

I would take a chance to get use to an island before I booked my own. You can save alot, but depends on your comfort level.

If you are sure of it, book early
Old 09-16-2006, 03:10 AM

I want to make a correction of thought on the previous post. A friend has informed me that if the Ship is missing a group of people they will hold the ship regardless of it.

Closed Thread

Tags
book, caribbean, carribean, cruise, early, excursion, excursions, mediterrean, onboard, online, port, reviews, royal, ship, sold