Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2007, 11:27 PM

My family and I will be in Fort Lauderdale mid March, precruise, for 3 nights, giving us two whole days in the city. We'll be staying at Sheraton Yankee Trader. Is the beach at the hotel good for swimming and kids to play on? We have 7yr and 5yr old kids. What are some places you'd recommend that we do/see? Is the hotel in a safe location? Is the Museum of Discovery and Science recommended?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:27 PM

The beach is perfectly safe and wonderful for children of all ages. You are near the swimming hall of fame, the Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, and you can catch the water taxi at Bahia Mar. The Jungle Queen is at Bahia Mar as well, they take you on a tour to an indian village, they have a bar-b-que, alligator wrestling, and a couple of shops. I'm not sure of the prices, but they're reasonable. The water taxi is one of the best ways to see Ft. Lauderdale as well. It's $10/pp per day. You can use it from 9 am to 11 pm. I haven't been to the Museum of Discovery and Science, but I can tell you when I was your children's ages all I wanted to do was play in the ocean and build sand castles. (I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale.) I'm trying to think of some fun restaurants near there for young children because I know the Elbo room and the high end restaurants would not be appropriate, however, my mind is failing me. Hopefully, some others will be able to add some fun things to the list. Best wishes and have a great cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
ft, lauderdale, places, taxi, visit, water