Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 06:37 PM

I've been looking at the shore excursions offered from our Southern Caribbean cruise (Antigua, St. Kitts, Barbados, St. Lucia) Many of the shore excursions offered seem to be nothing but transportation to the beach.

Can we just walk to any beaches from the ship?

Does anyone know if there are ways to get to the beaches without paying $30 or more per person?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:09 PM

Hi loves2fly, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I'm not sure of beaches to walk to with those ports. You could probably rule St. Lucia out. I'm sure someone will know.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 03-23-2009, 06:58 AM
ok y guess is you are on Carnival Victory

I have been on those islands two times, I cruised three times on carnival Destiny plus I am from Puero Rico so any question feel free to ask.
As I remember there are no option for a day at the beach near or walking distance from port because, on most ports, they need it to be deep in order to fit the cruise ship on port. I guess there is only one and is on Barbados but I will recomend you to get a tour to be sure to get the best beach for your time. Remember is your cruise if you really are going to experience the caribbean get the best available...

Closed Thread

Tags
distance, lucia, port, puero, rico, st, vincent, walking