Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 06:54 AM

I was on the Carnival Valor in November 2006 and we went cave tubing in Belize. No crocs, the best part of it all was that we did not book with Carnival, instead I took advice and recommendations from this website and went through a tour company called "Bodden Tours". There were 4 of us and we got a private tour for around $60 each (cheaper than with the ship). Because we were such a small group we were the first to arrive at the rainforest for all the groups that day. It was so quiet and beautiful. The ship takes you through one cave system and we went through three!!! What a treat! We were also lucky enough to go through he caves in complete silence because we were the only people on the river! As we went through the last cave, as we saw was the line of hundreds of people from the ship waiting in line. Just as we were about to get off the water, there was a camera and film crew from the boat taping the expeience for our ship so not only did we get on the ship's video but they took great pictures of us!!!

It was the best trip! And so worth it! We had such a personal experience and lucked out with beating every single ship to the rainforest!!

Good luck and Have Fun!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 PM

I was reading this site too and I KNOW they probably meant Croc sandles too! LOL! go to http://www.cave-tubing.com/ and check out the video! It is one of the best excursions I have done while cruising! We booked with yhony instead of the ship! IT was wonderful! NO snakes, crocODILES, or anything scary.. I would have been screaming! LOL! Changing rooms at end of tour. Yhoney gives you two caves instead of the ship's one cave AND you get lunch on the way back at a great little restaurant... I can still remember the chicken!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 AM

Yankedog... go back and read the original first post of the thread. The poster DID mean crocodiles and NOT sandles.

Glad you had a good time. But there are other cave tour operators that offer extended tours over the cruise ship booked tours also. Reggie Tours (they also have a website) and Xtreme Cave Tubing Tours comes to mind. I am sure there are others. This is the first time I have heard of Yhoney, how did you find them?
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
balise, belize, caribbean, cave, croc, crocks, crocodiles, cruise, dangerous, dangers, reviews, snake, snakes, tubing, waters