Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 07:42 PM

When you have kids with you. Which ports would be more fun for a kid. My kids are strong energetic, and bright not lazy at all. Do you think Eastern (Bahamas, st. thomas and St. maarten) or Western (Cozumel, Labadee, Jamaica). I realize it's personal taste but was hoping to get some opinions.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-28-2009, 07:58 AM

We have done both with our kids. They preferred going west because of the things we have done--beaches at Cozumel, submarine, swimming with dolphins, snorkeling, jeep tour--River tubing at ocho Rios, horseback ride on the beach, Dunns River falls (Dunns gets great buzz, it was our least favorite)--Always stingray city and snorkeling on Grand Cayman, jet skis, beach days--if you like to do those things we and our kids really enjoyed them. They have cruised every year from when our youngest was age 9 (now 15) and oldest was 15 (now 21). They always vote for going west. We did do eastern, crewed and America's cup yacht which they loved, went to Trunk Bay which they loved, but they still prefer the western "options" for activities.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 PM

I think the kids would like the western ports, too. But either one will be a ball. Of course, if they don't want to go, just send me their ticket and I'll go
Old 01-28-2009, 01:07 PM

Tnank you for your opinions. I was wondering because we are going eastern carribean in May so I am able to see all the excursions they offer. But on the western carribean Oasis of the seas. They still don't know what excursions will be offered at falmouth Jamaica. With Labadee being a beach day as everyone says. I was concerned falmouth would be another beach day. I hope not, but I chose western carribean because we are already going Eastern in May. I guess all I can do is hope for the best. I hope they do offer similar excursions that they offer at the other ports in Jamaica. I guess the ship was my main focuss initially anyways. Should be great!

Old 01-28-2009, 01:15 PM

I wish I could find out what they will offer at Falmouth Jamaica. Everyone says Labadee is a beach day. I hope they will offer similar excursions that they do at the other ports in Jamaica. Guess I'll have to be patient wait and see. Yes I know it's too early. Just currious.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:25 PM

How do I erase a post? I repeated myself in a post and would like to erase it. As for everyone that had to read it (SORRY!!)

Old 01-28-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
How do I erase a post?
In the bottom right-hand corner of your message, you'll see three little yellow icons. If you let the cursor rest over each in turn, you'll see that the middle one says, "Edit or delete message." Click on that, and the message will come up in a separate window with a delete function.

I'm wondering if you already figured it out, because I'm not seeing a duplicate message.

Sandy
Old 01-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Falmouth is a town - actually an old town. It has always had a port but they are building new facilities for the Oasis. The tours will be typical of those offered at Ocho Rios or Mo Bay.

Labadee is a beach day because that is what it is...a small peninsula of sand and beaches.

A note about deleting or editing posts...members only have around 30 minutes after posting to do this. After 30 minutes you cannot delete or edit. It is a software setting we have decided to use.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, cruise, east, eastern, falmouth, falsmouth, jamaica, oasis, port, reviews, royal, vs, west, western