Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 06:50 PM

A lot of walking is kind of an issue for some of the people in our group. I was wondering if it would be easy to get to Paradise beach without a ton of walking? I know we would have to take a cab there, but I didn't know if it would still be a lot of walking getting down to the beach? Or is there a better beach I should be considering in Cozumel? Also there will be 4 adults and 1 child. Can all of us go in a regular taxi or do they have anything larger?

Thank you!

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 08-29-2007, 06:01 AM

Wesnlin, try visiting this website:here, I think it will answer your questions. It does have a map section. They do have van taxis that should be able to accomodate you.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:43 AM

Isn't this where the Corona commercials are filmed? How far away is Paradise Beach from the port where the ships dock?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-29-2007, 09:50 AM

Yes, that's where they film the commercials. Did you check out the website I posted? It has a map and a FAQ section that should answer most of your questions.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:32 AM

Penny thanks for the website. It was very helpful.

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 08-29-2007, 11:26 AM

The map was very helpful! Thanks! I just wanna figure out how to get to Paradise Beach from Chankanaab- we are gonna be there in the morning swimming with dolphins. We also wanna rent jet skiis- should we do this here or wait until we get to Grand Cayman?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-29-2007, 12:13 PM

They do have jet skis at Paradise Beach, and there is a taxi stand there. I guess it would depend on how much time you're going to have in Cozumel. The swim with the dolphins takes about an hour. If you want to watch the video and purchase your pictures, that will take about another hour. It will take about 20 minutes to get to Chankanaab Park, and you might decide to stay there and snorkel or just check out the park. Normally, you're in Cozumel for only 8 hours. It'll take a while to clear the government paper work, feeding of the boarding officers, etc., so that will cut into your acual time in port. And you have to figure that you'll need to be back to the ship at least 30 minutes before they sail. I don't like renting jet skis, but we have done it on the ship's private islands, and a couple other islands like St. Thomas and Isla Margarita. I just don't feel safe about it, however, I would think both Cozumel and Grand Cayman would have as good of maintenance as any place in the Caribbean. They are big tourist areas, so I would feel pretty confident renting there. Just don't stress yourself trying to do everything at once. That's one of the best reasons to book another cruise, do what you couldn't the first time (as if I need an excuse) Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:59 PM

Thanks!! I appreciate all the help! I just keep making a longer and longer list of things I wanna do and I know it just isn't gonna happen! I am still excited though no matter what we get to do!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

Also if you rent a jet ski in Mexico it will be cheaper, lots of competition for your buck. In Grand Cayman i didn't see but one rental company...hundreds of banks, not so many jetskis!!

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, commercials, corona, cozumel, cruise, distance, mexico, mrsanchos, paradise, pier, port, sea, ship, vans, walking