Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2006, 10:21 AM

Ok don't laugh at this one but the family is planning beach excersions and would like to know if we have to pack beach towels. Would it be just better to but them on the ship or can we "borrow" them from our friends at RCL?

Thanks
Old 07-31-2006, 04:54 AM

Not a dumb question at all... in fact, I had been planning on asking the same question (except, for when we dock at St. Thomas and Nassau).

I hope someone replies soon, for WE DEPART IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS! I CAN HARDLY CONCENTRATE ON WORK!
Old 07-31-2006, 05:22 AM

Not a dumb question at all. The answer is no you should not bring your own towel. RCL supplies your room with fresh beach towels every night. It makes it very convenient because you do not have wet dirty towels in your room. When taking these towels off the ship you need to watch them and take care of them because you are charged $20 for every towel not returned. I do not know how well they enforce the fee, at times we had three or four extra non used towels at any given time, but who wants to chance the fees. Have a wonderful cruise
Old 07-31-2006, 05:34 AM

Many of the ships have towels that you use when you are by the pool. So there is no need to pack towels.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:19 AM

I will second that. They do allow you to take your towels off the ship, don't bring your own. In fact, as I recall, they have towels to hand out as you leave the ship at port. Is that right?, or maybe that was only at the private island. 11 days 'til your cruise! -I'm very jealous, I have 100 days until my next one!

Closed Thread

Tags
dumb, lucia