Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 10:57 AM

Anyone have any idea the cost to take a taxi around the entire island, stopping for a few pictures, etc. Can it be done within a couple of hours?
Thanks!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:21 AM

Greetings and salutations, Maryannb... I am not trying to pry whatsoever. I am just wondering if anyone you are travelling with is capable of driving a jeep. All of the island's hotspots are easily reached with a jeep and the rental fee would be much less than the taxi fare. The main "highway" is basically a circle around the island which makes is american-proof. As far as an answer to your original question, I have no idea. I have visited the island on many occasions, (pre-hurricane and post-hurricane) and I have always secured my own private transportation.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Banned

maryann, I'm with dr on this one. We always rent a jeep and sightsee Cozumel on our own time frame. It is nearly impossible to get lost in Cozumel, jeeps are reasonable(approx. $100 for the day), and you can take in the beauty of the island at your leisure. A taxi may run you more than renting a jeep.

I just love Cozumel.
A'ndrea
Old 07-12-2007, 12:43 AM

A'ndrea, I love Cozumel too! I am a little apprehensive about the Jeep and driving. I am thinkng of giving it a try though.

Any recomendation to pre-book for the Jeep?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 05:24 AM

Old 07-12-2007, 05:35 AM
Banned

Dwayne, we never pre-book with a rental agency. There was never a need to. In Cozumel, they never ran out of cars to rent.

You will be greeted by car agency reps. as soon as you disembark. They are always holding car rental forms attached to clip boards. These guys are easy to spot. We ask each fella their daily price for an "open" jeep. After we get a price from every well-known agency, we decide who we rent with. It takes only a few minutes. I believe we went with Avis last time. Make sure you tell them if you have AAA. They do discount a bit for it.

For our family, it's freedom and there's no safer place to go it alone, than Cozumel, in my opinion. What the heck... take a chance. Columbus did!

A'ndrea
Old 07-12-2007, 05:37 AM
Banned

Ken, now that's what I'm talking about! I have been admiring the jeep's new styling since they came out.

A'ndrea
Old 07-12-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrealovescruising:
Ken, now that's what I'm talking about! I have been admiring the jeep's new styling since they came out.

A'ndrea
The mud costs extra.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:14 PM

Yep... That is what happens when you order a mudslide in Mexico.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:05 PM

Thats what I am afraid my Jeep renting would end up like

A'ndrea - Thanks for the info. It is something we are going to check into. We are going with another couple and might want to all go in together and just take the day and sight see this time.

Closed Thread

Tags
cozmel, cozumel, cozumeltaxi, day, incozumel, jeep, mexico, renting, reviews, safe, taking, taxi, taxis, tour, tours