Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 01:45 PM

Hi Group! I was wondering if anyone knows how far Paradise Beach in Cozumel is from the Riviera Maya ferry port.

We visited last year during a cruise and had a great time despite some cool, windy weather. PB Tom didn't make it in that day, but we're hoping to meet him this year (in Feb.)

Is a day-trip to Paradise do-able for us?
Old 09-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Administrator

You will be on the Navigator and docked in Cozumel, right? (your ticker is not working and you didn't mention which ship you'll be one) Spending the day at Paradise Beach is not a problem. It is just a ~15 minute drive away.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Administrator

I just tried to fix your ticker. The code line was totally hosed up. If it doesn't work you'll need to make a new one.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:03 PM

Hi Dave. My cruise ticker is um, fine. Because I don't actually have a cruise booked. I'm sheepishly asking my question on this forum, because I know there are hundreds (if not thousands) of PB fans here. I'm actually booked into an AI (shhhh...no one need to know that). I'll be just a mile or so from Playa del Carmen, and I know there's a ferry that goes to Cozumel...I just don't know where it drops off---near the cruise ship terminal or elsewhere. I spent a lot of time on these boards the last two years prior to my cruises, but this year we're trying something different.

I know this isn't the right forum and didn't want to get flamed and told to go the AI forum.
If you can help, I'd appreciate it.
Ginny
Old 09-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Administrator

We don't flame here, even if you aren't going on a cruise. We staffers happily wield our fire extinguishers against any and all flames.

The passenger ferries dock downtown near the plaza. Actually very close to the Punta Langosta cruise ship pier which is at the shopping mall with Carlos n Charlies, Senor Frogs, etc. It is a $15 cab ride from the ferry pier to Paradise Beach.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:43 PM

Thanks Dave! We were in Coz last year, off the Navigator. PB was cool and windy, so we didn't get the full experience. I imagine Tom's maple syrup must be gone by now.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, chat, cosumel, cozumel, cruise, ferry, forums, groups, maya, mx, paradise, review, riveria, ship, termina, windy