Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 04:14 PM

Spreading good will amongst nations again are we, Svein. No one on this board has blasphemed the ruler of your country. Please, conduct yourself with at least a modicum of respect for others. This forum is about helping others not criticism. If someone has irritated you on this board, take it up with the administrators and the moderators. I am sure that they would be more than happy to listen to your complaints. Other than that, you would be well advised to keep your political savvy to a minimum. Only use your "tone of humor" in a way that doesn't offend others. Excerpts of posts are seldom deleted as a form of flattery.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:33 PM

Dr. At least your post did not suggest which president held up LA traffic and so did not fall into the realm of politics. You could have been speaking about the president of Clairol for all I know. Anything else would be urban-legend I guess.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:32 PM

Well, MY mind is on my cruise...and the shore excursions...and the entertainment...and the food...and the fun!!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fivepoints:
Well, MY mind is on my cruise...and the shore excursions...and the entertainment...and the food...and the fun!!
Your mind is in exactly the right place... That is what makes cruising the ultimate vacation!!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
Spreading good will amongst nations again are we, Svein. No one on this board has blasphemed the ruler of your country. Please, conduct yourself with at least a modicum of respect for others. This forum is about helping others not criticism. If someone has irritated you on this board, take it up with the administrators and the moderators. I am sure that they would be more than happy to listen to your complaints. Other than that, you would be well advised to keep your political savvy to a minimum. Only use your "tone of humor" in a way that doesn't offend others. Excerpts of posts are seldom deleted as a form of flattery.
Well, if you followed this thread completely (which you obviously didn't), Mr fivepoints asked me a question regarding the closed tread , which I explained to him in a (at least I thought so) light humoured way.

If you also see my previous posts regarding security procedures you'll maybe observe that I was fully aware that my post was somewhat political and invited moderators to edit and delete at their will, which they also did.

For your information you and everyone else are welcome to post satirical remarks about the political leadership of Norway, a good tradition we enjoy every day over here

Have a nice weekend.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-10-2007, 08:24 AM

To Svein-As far as I am concerned, all is forgiven and forgotten! (BTW I am a woman.)
Old 08-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by fivepoints:
To Svein-As far as I am concerned, all is forgiven and forgotten! (BTW I am a woman.)
Oh I'm so sorry!
(That's maybe the most insulting part from me )

Thanks anyway, have a nice weekend.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Don't feel bad, Svein; I've done exactly the same thing.

It's not insulting--just a miscalculation.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:49 PM
I guess it's even worse to make that mistake if you see the person face to face

Old 08-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Speaking of face to face:

Those potential tablemates who were so offended at their absence, so much so, as to make threats against them; never saw them face to face? Right?

So, how could those disgruntled (and possibly dangerous) potential tablemates track down those missing tablemates. How could they figure out who they are from 2,500 to 3,000+ other passengers? I assume the cruise ship would not provide the disgruntled passengers, a list of names and cabin numbers of those sitting at their table; especially after making threats. I don't think any cruiseship would provide such information to any passenger (threat or no threat).

I would imagine a re-assignment to a different table, on a different side of the room, at a different seating time, could have been the solution. That's if they decide not to eat at the Supper Club.

And if those disgruntled tablemates were such a danger and a threat to those missing Supper Club regulars, I would imagine the cruiseship security would make sure the next port of call would be the final stop and disembarkation point on their cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, guardcom, linehead, nepal, norwegian, security, wwwex