Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2004, 05:32 PM

I am a schedule for my first cruise at the end of this month. We were scheduled to go to the Grand Cayman but with the hurricane damage it has been changed to Labadee. I am very disappointed and concerned about this port of call. Does anyone have any advise? I am not sure what to expect.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:32 PM

I am a schedule for my first cruise at the end of this month. We were scheduled to go to the Grand Cayman but with the hurricane damage it has been changed to Labadee. I am very disappointed and concerned about this port of call. Does anyone have any advise? I am not sure what to expect.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:00 AM

Kari,
Labadee is one of Royal Caribbean's "private beach islands" and is actually quite nice. Although there are not the same excursion options as in Grand Cayman, if you are a beach person you will enjoy it! You can check out all of the specifics on our sister site "PortReviews.com". There is a special report on Labadee at:
http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/Labadee.htm

Numerous passenger reviews of the island can also be found there.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-05-2004, 09:10 PM

Hi Kari, We just got back home yesterday from the Grandeur of the Seas, our first cruise ever. One of our stops was to Labadee, and it was beautiful! Well worth the stop! My husband said he could stay there forever! Any questions you have I would be glad to answer them for you.
Gail
Old 10-06-2004, 05:23 AM

Kari,

This happened to our itenary as well, but let me say that it was one of the better ports that we visited! It was beautiful. Because RCCL has adopted this as a private beach, it has more of a resort flare. My hubby and I selected the excursion that took you to an excluded private beach for 3 hours (Malfini Castaway) where you could Snorkle, Float on a mat, swim, drink (they have bartender's there for you), or you could just relax in the lounge chairs. It was perfect. I can go on and on about this port, but just know that it's nothing to worry about. It's beautiful. Enjoy.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:45 AM

Thanks for the response about Labadee. It is good to know that you enjoyed this port. What excursion would you recommend? Did you shop?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:52 AM

Hi Kari,
On a recent trip to Labadee, I also took the Malfini Castaway excursion and it was great!!! Not too many people and flet like I was in paradise.
Shelley
Old 10-07-2004, 07:54 AM

Hi Kari,
On a recent trip to Labadee, I also took the Malfini Castaway excursion and it was great! Not too many people and felt like I was in paradise.
Shelley
Old 10-08-2004, 11:32 AM

My wife considers this her favorite stop in the caribbean. as far as shopping, There is a "hatian market" that I would avoid like the plague. I've been to labadee twice, and I love it, sit on the beach, jet ski, hike, swim, banana boat, eat (free food on this island provided by the ship) just stay out of the market. The place is quite charming and very well run and kept very clean and tidy and my wife calls it her "one particular harbor"

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 10-18-2004, 12:48 PM

I am amazed at all the good remarks about Labadee. Labadee is good for a beach day, and thats about it. It is pretty, and it is clean at the beach. The only shopping is in a barn with a sand floor where the natives make the products. They are very, very aggressive. When I went walking around, checking things out, I was greated at a cement wall by a guard holding a rifle, telling me that was not a place for me to go. The beach is the only place to go. There are no cabs, or anyway to get to the interior of the island (if anyone would want to).
I would be disappointed if I had to give up a stop at Grand Cayman, for a stop at Labadee. No comparison. Grand Cayman is a beautiful island with a lot to do. Grand Cayman is one of the wealthier islands....nothing like Labadee.

Closed Thread

Tags
labadee, malfini, port, relax, visited