Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2003, 01:50 PM

Just wondering if anyone has been to the island of Roatan Honduras.....we are taking a break from cruising this year and are looking at Roatan for two weeks. Seems like a great undeveloped island. Rates are excellent. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2003, 01:50 PM

Just wondering if anyone has been to the island of Roatan Honduras.....we are taking a break from cruising this year and are looking at Roatan for two weeks. Seems like a great undeveloped island. Rates are excellent. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2003, 08:54 AM

I am going to Roatan on a cruise in November. I found a website www.roatanet.com that has tons of information about the island. I am also on their message board and they cover so many topics. The message boards consists of many people that live there, previously visited there or are going to visit.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:13 AM

Roatan is becoming more popular as the Carnival Cruise Ship Paridise started going there every other week as of Febuary. We were on the first visit this year. I can't imagine wanting to spend two weeks there. But we were not there that long. Let us know how you enjoyed this vacation.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:05 PM

Roatan is GREAT! If you haven't made your hotel reservations, I would suggest the Half Moon Bay Inn at West End Beach. If you are attracted to Roatan for diving, snorkeling and just relaxing, this is a great place to do it. It is very rustic and only has a few cabins, but the restaurant and bar are excellent and you can walk to "downtown West End" from the hotel in about 10 minutes for excitment. VBG

There are probably better hotels on Roatan, but this is where I would stay. Check it out.

Tom
Old 04-07-2003, 09:19 PM

If you're staying at a nice resort, you should love this island. It is undeveloped as a tourist area, but a beautiful natural area!

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, carnival, cruise, forum, half, honduras, island, moon, reviews, roatan, undeveloped