Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 11:52 AM

My store is sponsoring another cruise in the fall, and Grand Turk is on the itinerary. I like to give the participants ideas for port stops, but not having been to GT, I have no idea what to tell them.

Have any of you been? Can you give recommendations?

Thanks!!

Chris

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 04-11-2007, 12:24 PM

We were there in December and did a great snorkel trip through Costa. The first dive spot was some beautiful coral reefs and formations, the second stop were wonderful fish including a barracuda named Tim. There's a nice shopping area where you dock and the dock area is immaculate. We didn't have enough time to tour the island, but what we did see was really clean. The locals were very friendly, but not pushy at all. Hope this helps.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:13 PM
We were there in October. We did a snorkle/stingray adventure excursion through the ship. You can also book snorkle or diving trips through the same company on your own. After our morning excursion, we took a cab into the main town. There isn't much there - a small museum, which I wanted to see, but after spending $5 each for the cab ride, I didn't want to spend the $10 each to get into the museum...... The town is small and friendly, but it was quite humid (especially for those of us who are used to 5% humidity ~ ), so after walking around for about 45 minutes, we found another cab to take us back to the cruise ship center. There is a Margaritaville bar/restaurant with a pool and some shops. There is also a beach right near the pier. Tablemates took an excursion that took them around the island - they said it was interesting. There are rental cars available at the cruise ship center, but be aware that it is left side driving. The snorkeling was wonderful - and the diving is said to one of the best in the world. Any day in the sun and sea is a great day. Enjoy.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, grand, juan, pushy, recommendations, san, shops, terminal, turk