Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 10:52 AM

I'm taking a cruise in December with an elderly friend. She wants to go to the beach in Grand Cayman. She can walk, but not far. I like to snorkel. Can anyone recommend a beach within a not-too-long cab ride from the port where we can rent beach chairs and I can see some fish?

Thanks
Old 08-12-2008, 11:02 AM

Hi aprincess, welcome to Cruise-Chat. My favorite beach is 7 mile, can't say the snorkeling was great, but the beach is beautiful. There's some great snorkeling right where the boats tender to. I've also heard some great reviews about Rum Point, and from what I've seen it offers all the ammenities, too. Just ask a cab driver to take you to either place and tell them what you need, they'll take you to a great spot that will meet your needs. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:08 PM

Seven Mile beach is beautiful. As Penny noted, not great for snorkeling though as there are not any fish attractors. You could split the difference and spend a few hours there, and then go to Abanks'. There are plenty of fish there, and a small man made sandy area, not exactly a beach as it separated from the water by rocks. They do have rental chairs. This is very close to the tender dock. They have great food and an awesome view of the ships.

Here is a link to a location map.

Dwayne
Old 08-13-2008, 08:14 AM

I've been to Sea Grapes & you can rent chairs but not the best for snorkeling. There were a few people snorkeling last time & they were finding fish though. You also have lockers, showers, food & there are watersports available too. Like the others said you can also split your time up.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beaches, cab, carnival, cayman, cruise, fare, grand, map, mile, point, pointe, port, rides, rum, ship, tender, tiki