Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2005, 09:58 AM

We( married couple w/ 9 yr.old son) are on the Constellation for Christmas and plan to visit the island. Looking for a clean snorkling beach w/bathrooms and a restaurant(bar). We normally hire a taxi on these islands and go to less traveled beaches than where the excursions offer. I have researched Lagun, Kenepa, and Barbara Beaches. Any thoughts? Same questions for beaches in Aruba.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:15 PM

Curacao has some beautiful beaches, but probably my 2 favorite would be Playa Porto Mari and Knip Beach (both offer good snorkeling and restaurants/bars). I have heard good things about Barbara Beach, but have never been.

In Aruba, my favorite beach is Havana Beach Club (within walking distance of the cruise ship pier), but I do not believe it offers good snorkeling. It is a small beach club, but totally a local hangout.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-20-2005, 04:33 PM

Thank you Nancy, I also like the Havana Beach club in Aruba, this time I believe we will try to see other parts of the isle.
The suggestions for Curacao will be helpful. I know of Portomarie(if that is what you referring to) and would like to experience that beach. Do you the cabs run about $20+tips to criss cross the island? Paul

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beaches, club, cruise, curacao, curacau, curaco, curacoa, distance, havana, mari, port, porto, teh, walking