Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/)
-   -   St Thomas (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/9511-st-thomas.html)

Mike&Macaille 09-30-2007 05:37 PM

Hey all

Just curious if any one has any advice for St Thomas. My girlfriend and I are going there on an eastern carribean cruise and are trying to figure out what to do. We are looking at doing the BOSS underwater adventure. Has anyone done that excursion before?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

penny3333 10-01-2007 11:20 AM

Hi Mike& Macaille, there are tons of posts about St. Thomas. If you use your Find option and type in St. Thomas, there'll be tons of hits. As for the BOSS underwater adventure, I'm not sure if I've seen that one. We've done plenty of excursions in St. Thomas, but that's not been one of them. We've done some great sail/snorkel trips to Buck Island. Our favorite thing to do is hop on the ferry to St. John, take a cab to Trunk Bay and enjoy the beautiful beach, self-guided snorkel trail, and beautiful scenery to/from Trunk Bay. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!

Wheels87 10-08-2007 05:52 PM

In St. Thomas, my wife and I got off the ship and took a taxi to Megan's Bay beach. It was not too expensive and simply beautiful. The number of other tourists there will depend on what day of the week it is.

Have a great time!!!

Berick1234 10-09-2007 04:47 PM

Taking the cable ride to the top of the Hill is a nice trip ($18)...there is a small restaurant up there to sit and have lunch and sip on a drink while looking at the beauty of St. Thomas...and then after coming down...hit the shopping...Gold, diamonds, emeralds, etc....some very nice prices...Happy Sailing....

Bob E

headusher 12-07-2007 10:05 AM

Don't know if you cruised yet but the last 2 times were were in St. Thomas we booked a tour with Godfrey Tours. Half the price of the ship's tours, you'll get a great tour of the island and/or they will take you to any beach you want to go to, leave you there and come back to pick you up in time to make the ship's departure.

We usually tour for 3-4 hours then go to the beach for a few hours. On one tour we were given drinks and food. You can look up Godfrey Tours on the internet and pre-book. They will have someone at the dock waiting for you when you get off the ship. The price is cheaper if you can get a group together. We had two vans of passengers last year @ $20 each.

Scott Taylor 12-21-2007 11:59 AM

Heard that Godfrey Tours are very good. I agree with Penny as usual regarding Trunk Bay, a Heaven on Earth!! Gorgeous beach and stunning Caribbean scenery! I recently returned to St. John for a week and got to spend a lot of time here. There's a marked snorkel trail there. For better snorkeling, (for experienced swimmers and people in good physical health), swim all around the small rocky islet near the snorkel trail along the rocks. Much better snorkeling if you go to the furtherest side of the small rocky island there. Also another favorite excursion of ours there is the Five Star Champagne Catarmaran Sail & Snorkel to St. John. Usually a ship sponsored excursion through Atlantis offered on many different cruise lines at St. Thomas. Absolutely wonderful snorkeling (done this twice) on Honeymoon Beach just down the beach from the famous Rockerfeller's Caneel Bay Resort. Gorgeous beach there, snorkeling close enough so you can swim up to the deserted beach and rest between snorkeling. They have the best crew on this cat, a captain with a thick Boston accent and very attentive staff both times. They serve a local drink called the Painkiller. Don't have more than two unless you don't mind staggering back to the ship afterward!