Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 AM

We are cruising on Hal's Veendam next year. Any info on these Islands would be appreciated
Old 11-30-2007, 09:00 AM

Hi LTC, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I'm not sure what your interests are, so I'll just tell you there is wonderful snorkeling in Grenada and Bonaire. We took a snorkeling trip in Isla Margarita that was not very good. There is a nice beach near where the ship docks there, though. I heard the shopping was pretty good there, but didn't go shopping so can't verify that for sure. Grenada is known as the spice island, it is a beautiful island. The Grand Anse beach is across the bay from where you dock and is a beautiful beach. The snorkel trip to Flamingo Bay is great! I love shopping for spices there. There is a tour to the rain forest is beautiful. Bonaire is excellent snorkeling/diving. There are some shops near the dock and a cute little restaurant where we had a drink after snorkeling, I believe it was called the City Cafe. We did the Mushi/Mushi catamaran sail/snorkel which was an excellent excursion. It was our second time with them. We went out early in the morning before the wind picked up and the water was calm and crystal clear. I saw 2 turtles as well as abundant fish. They use very good snorkel equipment if you don't have your own. I'm not sure if this helps you, but let us know if you have specific questions, we'll try our best. Have a great cruise and once again welcome aboard!
Old 12-05-2007, 04:12 AM

Thanks Penny3333 for your information and the welcome to Cruise-chat. It will help us decide what to do on Bonaire. Do you know what the cost of taxi's are and if they are plentiful.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:18 AM

The taxis are plentiful, we took the taxi to Palm Beach from the pier. I'm trying to remember what they charged, I'm pretty sure it was under $20. We had to walk over to the Sheraton to get a cab back, but had no trouble getting back. I think we waited for 3 minutes, seriously, they were really efficient. The cab driver dropped us off between the Rui and the Sheraton. We walked about a block between the two hotels and it was a nice beach area. There were chair and umbrella rentals, hobie cat rentals, and a nice restaurant/bar right there. The Sheraton had some little carts set up where you could get a drink as well. I'll be uploading pictures, probably this weekend, and I'll post the link here.

Closed Thread

Tags
bonair, excursions, georges, granada, grenada, kitts, map, margarita, port, reviews, snorkeling, st, thomas, usi, venezuela