Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 12:44 PM
I will be on the NCL Pearl in January...The first port is Samana...one of the only ports that I haven't been to...If you've been there, did you find it a good place to get off the ship for...I will check out whatever I can find, but just wanted a first-hand knowledge review...Thanks for the help...

Happy Cruising

Bob E
Old 10-31-2007, 01:31 PM

We had a port in Samana this past March. We did a beach excursion. We signed up and took a tender from the ship directly to the beach. That was the only part of Samana we saw. It was beautiful! We heard lots of horror stories of beggers and people being hit by taxis once we were back on the ship. I was glad that we didn't have to deal with any of that. I'd like to check out more of it next time should our ship stop there. Hope you have fun!
Old 10-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Georgi,

Thanks for info...sounds like a place that hasn't made ships welcome...but I'm sure they will learn....

Bob E
Old 11-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned

Samana is beautiful. I am living in Cabarete, DR right now and I was in Samana just a few days ago. Dont worry about anything, you will be fine. Cabs and moto tasi's are always aggressive here on the island, all you have to do is kindly say no and most of them will go away.

Ideas for Samana; Playa Rincon which is actually a ways a away but it is the most beautiful beach on the island and they serve fresh fish all over the beach, delicious!

If you want to stay near the ship, go on to Cayo Leventado (Bacardi island) which is about a 10 minute ferry ride from the pier. All costs are negotiable, and will probably be more with a ship in town.

try www.casadoradodr.com they have very very inexpensive group excursions to Playa Rincon.

another good place to look for more samana based stuff is www.samanaonline.com email me if you have any specific questions or PM me, even better.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Banned

Does anyone have any reviews of Samana?

Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, cruise, dominican, excursions, forums, port, republic, review, reviews, samana, samanaonlinecom, samanscruise, ship, stop, taxi