Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007, 07:21 PM

I am going to Jamaica on the conquest Sept. 2 out of Galveston and have asked if anyone has been to that resort. Thought about going to that while there and is the drinks including alcoholic and the food free? Thanks so much about the info if you would. Also we want to go to Margarittaville.Any info on that.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Sunset beach resorts is a great way to spend the day in Jamaica. It is less than a mile from the ship. The cost for a taxi is about $2.00pp each way. Only take a taxi with red plates as these government run. It is all inclusive at $40.00pp for adults and $20.00 for children. If you want to eat in their diningrooms bring proper clothing. Swimsuits are not allowed and shoes are a must. Otherwise just plan on eating at their outdoor snackbar. The food is hot, fresh and very good. They have a self serve soda machine and alcohol is free. Tip: bring a 32oz or so cup of your own if you drink soda. They only supply 6 oz plastic cups. By the time you get back to your chair you will need to go get another one. I saw people getting alchoholic drinks in their big cups.

They have a brand new water park. All non motorized watersports are included. No tipping is allowed. The water and pools were great. To learn more about this resort go to www.sunsetbeachresort.com and make sure you watch the video. We had 13 in our party and did not want to leave. If you have anymore questions or would like to see some pictures PM me.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Livetotravel I forgot to mention Margaritaville.
We could see it as we arrived in Mo Bay. We did not go but talked to people who went there after Sunset beach. They said they should have stayed at the resort. It was not worth it as they had to go into town and they were really hassled by the vendors.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:06 PM

Thanks so much for the info. I have been trying to decide about Sunset Beach Resort and this helps so much.We will have a 11 month old with us do you think it would be a nice place for her? Also some of the group heard there was a clothing optional beach so in our group if some dare, have you got an opinion on that?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:19 AM
One of my 11 yo grandaughters got severly sunburned between Jamaica and Grand Cayman even though she used a sunscreen. With a baby PLEASE make sure you protect her as much as possible. Maybe get a beach umbrella, put a hat on her and keep lots of sunscreen on her. She will have fun there just PROTECT her! Someone on another thread said Bull Frog suncreen is the best as it stays on better and does not wash off in salt water like others do.

There is a tops optional beach at the other end of Sunset beach. I never would have known if my 27 yo son had not told me. You will have a GREAT time at Sunset Beach. Try the jerk chicken at the snackbar!

Closed Thread

Tags
sunsetbeachresort