Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 01:04 AM

Hello again, I know I heard, but I have always wanted to go and I kind of feel like it would be a shame not to see Jamaica for myself, doesn't anyone have anything good to say about it? Does anyone have any advice. I will be going with my husband and our 4 kids (9,7,5,18mo). The main things we wanted to see is Dunns and maybe a tour of a town, somebody mentioned a tour took them to see a jamaican school etc. Also, has anybody done the Dunns waterfall with a toddler in a backpack, is it possible or are they all too young. thx
Old 01-02-2008, 02:12 AM

Jamaica is a beautiful island. Dunn's falls is a very steep and slippery climb. I don't think it would be very safe, or a good idea to put a toddler in a backpack while doing this. You could easily slip and hurt the child.

Dwayne
Old 01-02-2008, 05:08 AM
Administrator

Please don't do that. As Dwayne says, the falls are tricky enough for an adult to do alone. They are slippery and you have to know where the footholds are - which is why most people hook up with a guide and form a human chain. They probably wouldn't allow someone with a baby to join in on the climb.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Administrator

I agree with Dave and Dwayne that climbing the Falls is much too risky with a child strapped to you. If you want to see the Falls, one alternative might be for you, while transporting baby, to walk up the stairs alongside them. That is, if your husband is comfortable watching the other three kids on the climb -- and I would be concerned about the 5-year-old, too. I much prefer your idea of touring the town, seeing the school, etc. with a certified guide.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:33 AM

thanks for the advice, anyone have any recommendations for certifide guides in Jamaica.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, jamaica, port, recommendations