Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Help on several Boats (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/10043-help-several-boats.html)

PA Steve Rocky Mount 04-26-2008 07:21 AM

Hi all. Hope everyone is well. We are trying to decide on a cruise for December. It is down to FREEDOM, LIBERTY (leaning toward that), VALOR, or LEGEND. I know the food is pretty consistant as are the shows. FREEDOM goes to Puerto Limon and Colon, LIBERTY to Ocho Rios, and the other 2 go to ports I'm familiar with. Thoughts from everyone are helpful.

macmom111 04-26-2008 08:13 AM

hi neighbor, we are booked on the legend for sept. cant give you any advice on the other ships, but we chose the legend because of the ports. We are counting down the days, wish it were next week.

Dwayne 04-26-2008 05:04 PM

It would be between the Liberty and Freedom for me. I missed Grand Cayman last year, and at the same time I have not been to the Ports that Freedom calls on. I am having a tough time deciding this year too.

Dwayne

TrvlPro 04-26-2008 05:20 PM

Hey there PA Steve, long time no see. Welcome back! If it were me I think I'd opt for the Panama option. More sea days (I like the sea days more than the port days anymore, more relaxing) and I'm not a huge fan of Jamaica.

Cheers, Neil

Dwayne 04-26-2008 06:55 PM

I would be leaning towards the Freedom too. Mostly because it would be new ports for me. I don't like too many sea days though, especially back to back. I like visiting new places though, so that would most likely out weigh the sea days issue.

Dwayne

PA Steve Rocky Mount 04-28-2008 05:55 AM

Neil and Dwayne..

Thanks for the info. I'm kinda the other way around. I like port days as opposed to sea days. I'm kinda leaning toward LIBERTY for 3 reasons...teen nightclub, big screen TV poolside, and suchi bar. Does Freedom have those too? Plus LIBERTY is $100 per person less. Is Freedom worth the extra? Let me know.

Steve

penny3333 04-28-2008 07:42 AM

I'm with you PA Steve, I like port days, especially if I haven't been to them. Don't get me wrong, I love sea days, but a new port is so exciting to me. Our December cruise on the Royal Princess visits 8 ports in 14 days, 3 of the ports I've never been to. It's a good balance of sea/port ratio. The Freedom has the big screen, sushi bar, and teen club, but if you like the itinerary of the Liberty and it's less expensive-go for it. I think the Freedom and the Liberty are sister ships. I don't know that you'd go wrong on either. How was your Celebrity cruise?

TrvlPro 04-28-2008 09:57 AM

Penny's right, sister ships and should be nearly identical, they're also both newer ships. Sounds like you're down to choosing between best value and best ports. Whatever you decide, hope its a great cruise!

Cheers, Neil

drlivingston 04-28-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

FREEDOM goes to Puerto Limon and Colon, LIBERTY to Ocho Rios. Thoughts from everyone are helpful.
Hmmmm.... Costa Rica/Panama or Jamaica. Sorry, seems like a no brainer to me. Patrick Henry may have begged for "Liberty" back in 1775, but given the above choices, even he would opt for Freedom.

Dwayne 04-28-2008 06:03 PM

Yes, they are sister ships and virtually identical. Liberty 2005, and Freedom 2007. The Liberty has a dry-dock in October. So there would be no big difference in the ships.

Dwayne