Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2003, 12:42 PM

I know a lot of you here probably like Carnival, but our travel agent recomended coming to this site and asking others questions. My family is still in the research stage of the cruise, we haven't yet booked one but would like to go in June or August 2004. July is too much money. We are deliberating between the Carnival Destiny (San Juan, St. Thomas, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba, San Juan) or Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas (San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten/Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, San Juan). Which of these would you reccomend most to a first time cruiser with a four member family and and two aunts going along who have already been on a cruise (Carnival Paradise, aunt A in Kansas surprised aunt B in colorado a cruise for her and her son for his graduation).
Old 06-18-2003, 12:42 PM

I know a lot of you here probably like Carnival, but our travel agent recomended coming to this site and asking others questions. My family is still in the research stage of the cruise, we haven't yet booked one but would like to go in June or August 2004. July is too much money. We are deliberating between the Carnival Destiny (San Juan, St. Thomas, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba, San Juan) or Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas (San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten/Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, San Juan). Which of these would you reccomend most to a first time cruiser with a four member family and and two aunts going along who have already been on a cruise (Carnival Paradise, aunt A in Kansas surprised aunt B in colorado a cruise for her and her son for his graduation).
Old 06-19-2003, 06:23 AM

Andrew, I have sailed both vessels and although I enjoyed both cruises and ships, I would recommend Adventure of the Seas hands down!!! The children's program is excellent, there is mega more things for teenagers to do and enjoy, the decor and amentities onboard Adventure of Seas are spectacular in comparison to the Destiny. The ship appeals to all age groups. The Ice Shows alone make entertainment onboard far superior to other cruises. (Can you tell I like the RCI megaships?)
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-20-2003, 10:48 AM

Adventure of the Seas by Royal Caribbean is by far the very best Caribbean cruise my husband and I have ever taken. We are mid-40's, and had an incredible time! EVERYTHING about this ship was incredibly worth every penny spent! Service was impleccable, and I cannot say that about Royal Caribben cruise line, in general; yet can say that with the Adventure ship. We have cruised 4 different cruise lines, and cruised approximately 7 times, total. Just took the Navigator of the Seas ship by Royal Caribbean and was comparatively very poor in service, and food quality, compared to the Adventure ship. The Southern Caribbean was the best Caribbean sailing we've experienced. After the poor experience with the Navigator ship this year, May 31, 2003; we are choosing to change cruise lines in Aug. 2003 and try the Grand Princess, in which we have heard excellent reviews.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:02 AM

We researched endlessly between the Destiny and AOS. After reading so many reviews on both we chose AOS. We were on the AOS in March this year and can not say a single negative thing about it except there were too many things to do at the same time so you had to choose only one.

The kids program was fantastic and we could not keep our son from opting for the Johnny Rockets dinners they held and for staying after hours every night.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, agents, caribbean, carnival, celebrity, comared, cruise, cruises, destiny, navigator, rcl, reviews, royal, seas, travel