Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 10:15 AM

I love reading everyone's thoughts on cruises. I'm getting ready to go on my 10th...Holiday June 14th...and as I've said in the past, I've never been on a bad one! There are those I've liked more than others, but cruises are as fun as you make them. I LOVE formal night, Captain's cocktail party, and of course the shows. My question is simplt this...where is everyone from? I'm in Rocky Mount, NC and I usually drive to the ports. Not far and fun drive. Where is everyone else from? Love to know.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:22 AM

wow we must be neighbors. I live in Rocky Mount too. I love the Holiday. we have cruised twice on her. We are going on our 5th cruise in Sept.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:25 AM

Hi Steve - I am from the DEEEEEEEP South. Georgia. We are only about 1 hour north of Tallahassee. We can usually drive to Jacksonville, Port Canaveral and Tampa. Miami and Ft. Lauderdale we usually stop overnight...but
This coming September cruise we are flying down.
I am glad to have found this website...it sure helps to know there are others that have the same cruising addition as I do.

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Banned

New York. I wish I could say the Southwest. This winter stuff just isn't for me. You'd think after 44 years, I'd be used to it by now. It would be nice to cruise out of the NYC or NJ ports, but we've always gotten better prices elsewhere. A'ndrea
Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 AM

Originally from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, but now we live in Trinity, Alabama. We used to fly to the cruises, but with all the garbage you have to go through now, it's better to drive. It's not a bad drive at all, plus we break it up into 2 days. Usually stop in Ocala the first night, then Ft. Lauderdale the next night. It's nice having my own car in Ft. Lauderdale. I get to drive around and see if any of my old haunts are still around. The best part is not having to worry about the luggage. We pack over-night bags for the hotel stays and leave them in the car while on the cruise. When you come back from the cruise, pull your car up, load it up, and voila-on your way. It's easy to drive to New Orleans, Mobile, Tampa, Port Canavaral, Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. Sure wish more lines would start sailing out of Mobile-especially Princess.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Administrator

I am originally from a small village in the Hudson Valley - Philmont, NY. Our most famous former citizen is Oliver North, who grew up there and graduated from the same high school I attended. I left Philmont a week after high school graduation and never returned. Ten years of active military duty later I found myself with a job offer to work for TVA in north Alabama, and I've been in Athens, Alabama, since 1984.

We still fly to cruises, although the tedium does get to me. The best cruises we've had were on the Holiday, and I think a part of it is because we drove to each of those cruises and didn't have to get stressed out with airports.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:41 AM
I am from the Illinois area and have been allll my life so it will be nice to see other parts of the world.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 PM

Thanks for all the great replies and keep em coming. Dave, I LOVE driving to each cruise. Usually stay in Daytona...about a 10 hr drive. Then it's only a short jump to Tampa or Port Canaveral, and a few hours to Miami or Ft Lauderdale. Favorite Port? Port Canaveral...hands down!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:30 PM

I'm from Knoxville Tennessee

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Sacramento here north of Los Angles so that would be our port. We have taken the plane, the train, and the car with each of them being an adventure. We have also flown to Florida and went out of there and this time flying to Puerto Rico and going out of that port...Like you some cruises are better than others, but definitely never had a bad one.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN

Closed Thread

Tags