Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 07:22 AM

Hello all. Glad to be a member of this site now that my wife and I have begun our cruising career!

We are cruising on the Miracle to Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize for 8 days on the 14th of December. Any help on the following would be great!

What excusions to take in each port?
Any info about the ship we should know?
Any info about cabin 8187 (Balcony)Panorama Deck
Is anyone else here going on the same cruise?
Anything that you think might be helpful so I can insure that my wife will have a great time. It's her first time cruising!

We are flyiing into Ft. Lauderdale the evening before.
Thanks again everyone and have a great day.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:35 AM
the miracle is one of the best ships i have been on. She is very big and decorated very nice.We loved it when we were on her 3 yrs ago. diffrent buffet lines with diffrent themes. Pool areas where very large and bars were very easy to get to by the pool. You will enjoy her guaranteed

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-27-2009, 08:56 AM

Hi kozman01, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your up-coming cruise! Just want to warn you, cruising is addictive We haven't been on that itinerary, unfortunately, it sounds heavenly. Have you been through our Caribbean Port Chat section a little further down the page? You can use the "find" feature in the upper left hand corner, type in your ports and it will pull up all the posts made about them.

I'm not sure what you enjoy doing, but if you like snorkeling, Belize was really a good snorkel. Wish I could help with the other ports, but have not been there---yet

Be sure to try the chocolate melting cake, it is wonderful. We've sailed 5 different Carnival ships and have a ball on all of them, each has its own character. However, the chocolate melting cake has been wonderful on all of them

I'm glad to hear you're flying in the day before, it alleviates so much stress. If you have enough time, take the water taxi. It's around $10/pp but it's for an all day pass. You can get off and on as much as you like. If you take it all the way to the end, there are two really fun places, Shooters for great drinks and Charlie's Crab for great food. Pier 66 Bar and Grill is also a great restaurant, it's on the intracoastal waterway and 17th street causeway. You can see the yachts and cruise ships from there. One of my favorite restaurants there is the Sea Watch, but it is in north Lauderdale and you would have to take a cab or bus there. It's right on the ocean, good food, great view.

Hope y'all have a marvelous cruise!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:23 AM

Wow, thanks for the quick replies. This forum appears to be very friendly and helpful! I will check out the section you have advised me to get additional information. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:19 PM

You will not be disapointed. We have sailed the Miricale twice and loved it. I do not think you can go wrong with any of the spirit class ships.They are our favorites!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kozman01:
Hello all. Glad to be a member of this site now that my wife and I have begun our cruising career!

We are cruising on the Miracle to Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize for 8 days on the 14th of December. Any help on the following would be great!

What excusions to take in each port?
Any info about the ship we should know?
Any info about cabin 8187 (Balcony)Panorama Deck
Is anyone else here going on the same cruise?
Anything that you think might be helpful so I can insure that my wife will have a great time. It's her first time cruising!

We are flyiing into Ft. Lauderdale the evening before.
Thanks again everyone and have a great day.
Kozman01. Here's a tip. One of the dancers will be my daughter. If you meet a dancer from New Hampshire USA that will be her. greet her with a hearty hello from her dad, and congradulate her on her upcoming wedding. The Senior sound tech is her finace. Then tell the people next to you in the audience that you know one of the dancers and watch the reaction. The entertainment crew will hang out at the piano bar or disco after the shows where you can meet them casually if you want to. They have to wear their name tags so you can tell how they are.

I also understand there is a Beatles review that is good. It's one of the main lounges production shows If you are a beatles fan don't miss it.

Have a great cruise
Old 11-07-2009, 03:50 PM

The disco, Frankenstein Lab, is an accident waiting to happen. You have to walk down to the dance floor. Also there are stairs near the bar and you could miss then, like I did, and end up with stitches in your knee and a torn rotation cuff. Not my favorite ship.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Just popping in to say that the Miracle is one of my favorite ships so far *she's gorgeous!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005

Closed Thread