Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2002, 05:53 PM

Enough is enough already. I feel that everyone is doing a real disservice to Ekaterina. She is entitled to her opinion, as I am, and you are. We are here to help people, and even though she didn't list her complaint as maybe one of us would do, all we are doing is being critical. Sure, nothing is perfect, but she has faced problems on Carnival, as well as many others, including myself. So what if Carnival had 100 ships? They have 17, RCL 15, Princess 11, & Celebrity 9. All are due to come out with new ships within the next few years. This does not take away from the fact that crew can be very rude, ship's can be and are very dirty, and just plain poorly run in some cases. I feel badly that Ekaterina has not answered back, and if she sees this, I do apologize for the bad manners of the other people that have answered your statement. As I said, you are entitled to your opinion, and other people, whether they agree or disagree, should not be critical of you so doing. If you do read this, I would appreciate you just saying that you read it. Again, my apologies. Sue [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2002, 06:45 AM

Sue I agree with you that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and has a right to state that opinion. It is also true that if you really want to look for it you can find problems with every cruise line, every ship and its employees or passengers. My problem is with the way a person states their opinion.

It is obvious this person thinks that all Carnies and toothless people have no class. They do not state what they think is class. I have met many people that have money dress well and are big shots in business yet they are very low class people due to their attitude and arrogance.

I have met many people of all walks of life that are great people and many that are what I would consider scum. To me being class is in the way a person carries themselves or acts towards others. Stating that the cruise line is low class because people on the cruise were all toothless carnies is not a class act to me. What did these people do that was not classy? Were they rude, were they spitting tobaco on the deck?

To just call people a name or the cruise line names and not really give an explanation of why you call them that name is low class and that is just my opinion. I am not trying to start an argument.

I wish you and the original poster all the best and that any cruise you take lives up to your standards.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PEB:My problem is with the way a person states their opinion.

It is obvious this person thinks that all Carnies and toothless people have no class...

EKATERINA'S post is way out of line. That post serves no purpose, it's offensive, and way nasty.

Does this site have a moderator? Time to use your delete key.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:33 PM
Banned

Wow! All of those toothless people. My wife and I were in a similar situation. There were at least 25 toothless thugs. They were hollering, screaming, and some were drinking. They were throwing stuff and just carrying on. None of them wore a tux, suit, or even a sport coat, not even a shirt and tie. They did not even wear a collared shirt. They were wearing either a sweatshirt or a tee shirt. Almost every one of them was wearing a cap. The only time they took the cap off was to wave it in the air. Were these toothless thugs low class? I don't think so. The rest of the crowd of over 1 million did not think so either because we were all there for a victory parade in honor of these toothless Detroit Red Wings after they won the Stanley Cup.
Come to think of it there was some talk about all of them taking a cruise together.
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 05:00 PM

Dear Rigid,
Cute, Thanks for the humor, I think we needed that!
Old 10-08-2002, 07:18 PM

How much longer is this going to continue? Just listen to yourselves. You are completely off the subject of the poor person that wanted to express an opinion, and do it poorly. STOP IT AT THIS POINT [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 08:17 PM
Banned

Just think about it. There are 25 players on a hockey team. One would go free. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Maybe that is the reason the Dominator retired. He found out someone got a freebie. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] Or maybe he was the one that got the freebie and the rest of the team was mad at him about it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 09:52 PM

You're all crazy!!!
Old 10-09-2002, 05:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RIDGID:
Wow! All of those toothless people. My wife and I were in a similar situation. There were at least 25 toothless thugs. They were hollering, screaming, and some were drinking. They were throwing stuff and just carrying on. None of them wore a tux, suit, or even a sport coat, not even a shirt and tie. They did not even wear a collared shirt. They were wearing either a sweatshirt or a tee shirt. Almost every one of them was wearing a cap. The only time they took the cap off was to wave it in the air. Were these toothless thugs low class? I don't think so. The rest of the crowd of over 1 million did not think so either because we were all there for a victory parade in honor of these toothless Detroit Red Wings after they won the Stanley Cup.
Come to think of it there was some talk about all of them taking a cruise together.
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
well said ridgid
Old 10-26-2002, 11:18 AM

I guess it is all very subjective and depends on your expectations. We've been on Carnival 3 times, RCL once. Was everything always up to "Rob's perfect world" standards? No. However,I've stayed in world class hotels which cost more for a night than Carnival charges for a week and had problems.
Overall, I've had good food, friendly service, entertaining shows and a good vacation value.
The beauty of it all is that there are other cruise lines to try. Keep cruising till you find one you love.

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid, carnival, class, crui, cruise, cruises, ekaterina, line, lines, low, money, people, reviews, ship, thug, year