Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2002, 08:57 PM

I was just hired to be a piano bar entertainer on the Carnival Victory. You guys are scaring the heck outta me!
Old 11-11-2002, 09:05 AM

I should start by telling you all that I am in the cruise business. That doesn't make me smarter or more knowledgeable than anyone else, except that our network of agents work with hundreds of clients each year, and we go on multiple cruises each year. Why do I tell you this? Because when you see a post like the one that mentions Carnival has no class...the obvious questions come to mind. Was this their first cruise? Are they veterans of many cruises, many of which may have been on Holland America, or even Crystal or Seabourne cruise lines? How old are they? What did they expect from the cruise that their travel agent didn't tell them? Or, did they buy direct from Carnival Cruise Lines? (and therefore skip the knowledgeable agent?) I'm not knocking the person who posted, or the resulting replys. There is simply too much information missing to form a conclusion as to their reason for the posting. (also consider, was this a three or four night cruise vs. a seven night or longer, was it one of the older ships like the Holiday...or newer like the Pride etc.) I've seen just about everything in my 35 plus cruises, but one cruise certainly doesn't make or break the entire cruise line. I have my doubts about that post. It may have even been a competitor.
Old 11-11-2002, 01:21 PM

Have been following this topic for sometime, and finally decided to put in my point of view. EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion, whether it's a positive or negative. We have taken numerous cruises with various companies. I don't think it was posted with class, but I tend to agree with what the original post was trying to say. We have sailed Carnival on a few occasions ourselves, and never again, due to problems too numerous to mention. I don't work for a competitor as the previous post suggested. Please just let this whole issue die. It will just go on forever, and NOTHING good/constructive is coming from this, only bickering. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2002, 05:31 PM

cruiserholic, have you seen these photos of the Conquest's interior decorating [and I use the term loosely]?
http://www.claude.ocs.lsu.edu/conquest hideous!

Marco Polo, GRAND AFRICA & SOUTH AMERICA

Crystal Harmony, Alaskan Vistas
Old 11-14-2002, 05:55 PM

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"!!!! I must be blind. Hideous, incredible, weird. You must click in to see these. Will certainly save you money on booking a cruise. Certainly not for the "older age group". Celebrity & Princess, here I come. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2002, 04:08 AM
Banned

All that is missing is the smell of stale smoke. Let the party begin WITHOUT ME
Old 11-15-2002, 09:50 PM

..some opinions whether negative, positive or mixed, are written with specific examples, and
avoid broadbrushing something into an unrealisitic caricature. These opinions tend to
receive more respect, even if there is desagreement, than do the ridiculous railings that
characterize this original post.

Mitch
Old 11-16-2002, 06:14 AM

Echoing Mitch and cruisefan - PLEASE let's let this topic die out!! I get tired of seeing this pop up every now & then. That's why there are so many different cruise lines - different strokes for different folks.
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2002, 10:53 AM

Appreciate your comments Karen. Agree on the main subject, but very confused about Mitch's comments. Really not sure if he was talking about original post, or the Conquest pics. Have you gone into the site that tr cruiser referred to? I did, and copied them for a friend who has a cruise scheduled on Conquest, but no computer to see these pics. They are somewhat "far out", and not what you would expect a new ship to look like. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] They plan on talking to travel agent Monday. I picked up from a couple of other sites that Carnival might have to change port for Conquest, as it's too tall to get under wires crossing the river. Have you heard that, and what would they do with everyone that booked anticipating New Orleans? We had thought about that for an Xmas cruise, but glad we made other plans with friends.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:54 PM

I have heard a little about changing the port for Conquest, but it won't be immediate. Apparently the river tends to be higher in summer, so I doubt they would do much to change the winter routes. The problem is a high-power line strung across the river; it is supposed to hang higher than it does, but the elec co doesn't want to build new towers for it to accommodate just one ship. Stay tuned. In any case, if cruises are cancelled or the port of embarkation changed, the cruise lines are good at offering refunds and/or discounts on future cruises.
As to your comments on the decor, I looked at one or two pictures on the website mentioned, and perhaps it's a bit over the top, but not out of line with Joe Farcus' designs for Carnival. Those to whom this decor does not appeal, consider other cruise lines! There is one for virtually every taste!
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid, carnival, class, crui, cruise, cruises, ekaterina, line, lines, low, money, people, reviews, ship, thug, year