Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2002, 03:17 PM

I HAVE FIGURED OUT WHY IT'S CALLED CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES. BECAUSE THEY LITERALLY CATER TO THE "CARNIES". I HAVE NEVER SEEN MORE TOOTHLESS, DIRTY LOW CLASS PEOPLE OR ACCOMODATIONS IN MY LIFE. THAT WAS MY FIRST AND LAST EXPERIENCE WITH CARNIVAL. TALK ABOUT POOR EVERYTHING!! IT SUCKED.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:17 PM

I HAVE FIGURED OUT WHY IT'S CALLED CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES. BECAUSE THEY LITERALLY CATER TO THE "CARNIES". I HAVE NEVER SEEN MORE TOOTHLESS, DIRTY LOW CLASS PEOPLE OR ACCOMODATIONS IN MY LIFE. THAT WAS MY FIRST AND LAST EXPERIENCE WITH CARNIVAL. TALK ABOUT POOR EVERYTHING!! IT SUCKED.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:10 PM

Out of curiosity, which ship and when did you take it. I agree with you, but many would disagree. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2002, 08:27 PM

I respect your right to your opinion about Carnival but I have not found that to be true about Carnival, I have sailed on that line 6 times, Rccl and Norwigian and I am convinced that a cruise is what you make of it.
You never know what kind of people you are going to meet on a cruise and I have met wealthy, very professional, CEO's, interesting senior travelers like myself and students.
When I go on a cruise, I am there to enjoy myself and experience the diversity and exciting things others have to offer, not to judge others! Believe me, "You can't always judge a book by its cover"
I will be going on Carnival's newest ship "Conquest" with 24 other people in January of next year. These cruisers are coming from 5 different states and I put together this cruise early in this year. No, I am not a travel agent, I just love cruising. We are all looking forward to having a good time on the ship and with each other.
Keep cruising and keep an "open mind"
Old 10-04-2002, 07:24 AM

I have read some of the reviews about Carnival and find them funny.To rate the quality of the people on a ship really shows more about the person writing the review, than about the ship. I have gone on 20 plus cruises on all lines and there have been good and bad ships on all.
Just that a look at the government food inspection ratings on ships, they list Princess and Holland America had a major virus outbreak, as did Celebrity etc.. So all cruise lines have problems. I have found the Carnival Victory, Destiny and Legend to be fun, clean with numerous dining alternatives.
So every ship line has good and bad days.But according to the government inspections Carnival is doing a good job.
Old 10-04-2002, 07:32 AM

We can certainly appreciate and respect your point of view, but accept ours in return. We are "well traveled", both on land and sea. We have sailed on American Hawaii when it was in business, and repeatedly on Princess & Celebrity. Have you done those? I think not or you would certainly understand how we feel. I/we know that you get your cruise paid for when you get a group together. I'm sure other people don't know that, quite possibly members of your own group. Contributing factor for liking Carnival? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2002, 03:08 PM

Nick,
Your reply was obviously being posted while I was writing mine. I just find it incredible that Carnival enthusiast's cannot accept our point of view (There's many of us). You appear to be the spouse or in cruiserholic's group. WHERE are you getting your information from that you stated about Carnival fairing better the the mentioned cruise lines as far as the health department was concerned? I could go on forever about the many problems that we, as well as others have faced on Carnival. Luckily, you haven't experienced it yet, but you will, sooner or later. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2002, 09:12 AM

Some have obvously had a bad trip.
Any ship can have a bad cruise. Because
Carnival is a little less money you
often see a younger and more casual
crowd. The ships are comfortable and the
food good. Do not judge a ship by the way
some one dresses. Out of 2000 people and
the vast amount of places on
a ship we always find friends and a great
place to hang out. We love Princess but
have seen plenty of jerks and bores on
that line too. On the Ocean last Feb
the staff said the Christmas cruise was
a disaster. There was a food fight in the
dinning room among three tables. This does not
mean Princess is any less in my mind. When
you open your doors to two thousand people
you can rest assured you are getting a cross
section of humanity. All the major lines give
good value and offer you every chance to
have a fabulous trip. Our job is to relax
and not eat too much. Enjoy the ride. Days at sea
are the best in your life. Bill
Old 10-05-2002, 02:11 PM

Well said, Bill! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2002, 04:31 PM

First let me state out of the 6 cruises I have taken with Carnival, this is my first group cruise, so whether I get my cabin free does not change my opinion about Carnival or cruise ships in general.
I could very well have gone on any other but I liked th e New Orleans port and the itinerary.
We are not a part of any group or organization, just people by word of mouth who chose to go on this cruise, many who have gone on other lines or never sailed before.

Just a thought: Have you ever wondered why Carnival has the most ships out in the water and so many people sailing if they are so bad? Also 4 more new ships scheduled to come out in the next 2 years??

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid, carnival, class, crui, cruise, cruises, ekaterina, line, lines, low, money, people, reviews, ship, thug, year