Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2006, 09:04 AM

Hi All,

Never been on a cruise before and wanted to find out if anybody else is booked on the Carnival Liberty's 31st May sailing from Civitavecchia. Also what are the key things we must do to ensure we get the most from our time onboard?
Thank you
Old 04-14-2006, 09:50 AM

Aldo,

I have not sailed on the Liberty, but I have been on a carnival cruise before and am taking another one soon. I would suggest that you get your Carnival Capers every nite before you go to bed and plan your next's days events. There are times and places listed for all events,as there is always PLENTY to do, see and be a part of. In fact, there are so many things to do, that you will sometimes have to choose between 3 or 4 different things you want to do more. If you are with a group of people, no one will EVER want to do the same things, so I'd suggest that you all do your own thing and just make plans to meet up for lunch and dinner. If anyone wants to join in your plans, then that means more fun for everyone. If you are traveling with friends or family, you will make many friends on the cruise as well, especially your dinner mates at your table...........I'd suggest bringing some business cards to excange contact information. Just remember you are there to relax and don't stress too much, you'll be suprised at how smooth things run at sea. If you want to see a copy of the Liberty Carnival Capers paper, then go to the Carnival's home page and click on your fun ship, then click on the Onboard activities section, once there, then click on the blue words that say,"click here" for a sample of the wide variety of activites including state-of-the-art golf instruction available for the guest. This should give you some idea of what to expect. Hope all this helps.

Hope

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-20-2006, 11:26 AM

Aldo,

I am going to be on the Liberty sailing May 7th, and did a Med. cruise last Oct. with RCCL.
If you join www,cruisecritic.com you will find that there are many people who will be cruising with you, or you can start your own thread and others will follow. This is a great website as well. If you need a private land tour in Naples, we are hooking up with 2 other couples we met thru the cruise critic, and are using
Italy Limousines, website www.italylimousine.it.
They are by far the least expensive and most amicable to deal with. they have English speaking drivers and their reviews are great.
We took the ship's tour last Oct., and wasted our time and money. All the ships have a thing going with the Cameo Factory and everyone has to make a stop there. Only a few got off our bus and that was to use the restrooms. I think that tour cost aroune $125 with lunch, and ours is around $70 w/out. We are customizing our tour as well. You can do the same with a return bus to the airport when you get back. It's much cheaper to do it this way. Everyone else out there is looking for groups to get together so you can save some money. I found that out this trip.

Take a colored marker with you and mark your caper the night before so that you know which activities you want to attend the next day. You will meet many new friends. I have already spoken to a few I met on the cruise critic website and we are having a group party the day we board. Make sure you make your spa and special restaurant reservations as soon as possible upon boarding. We brought a few bottles of water with us, and just refilled each time we needed to. If you want more info and bits of suggestions, please let me know.
My email is josie931@yahoo.com. Remember, this is your vacation, relax and have a great time.

Josie

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, activity, board, calendar, capers, cardinal, carnival, cruise, day, liberty, make, review, reviews, sample, things