Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Also there is a note in the perks list that says you get $5 in arcade tokens too. But that is only if your are a Platinum level kid. We tried to get them for our daughters but they said "no" (our daughter are not VIP yet... 2 more cruises)
Thanks for that info. That perk has been there for a long while. I always thought it was for the Platinum Member's kids.

I am a ways off from getting to Milestone. I hope when I do get there they have a few more perks. I think a complimentary Happy Hour is in order or free Steakhouse.

One neat thing about the guaranteed dinner reservations is not being wait listed. I had late dining and my friends got wait listed for early once and then was assigned late. They need to eat early for un-disclosed reasons that I don't know. It's no biggie to me when I eat unless I'm starving (who could starve on Carnival?). So I go down to change mine to early and take them with me. Voila! A table for four.

An unofficial perk sometimes is more leniency with the shore tours cancellations. We were rained out on Roatan once for our tour. The same friends come to me and say they were told at the GSD they couldn't get a refund unless the tour operator canceled the tour. I'm on the same tour and want to cancel too. So I take them with me to the Concierge Desk. I explain politely that I don't want to go in the rain. No problem, and they refunded the entire charge. Then I said these are my friends and they have the same tour. The purser refunded theirs too. Now during this a lady in the regular line was told no by another purser for the exact same tour. I don't think she asked politely though, more of a demanding type attitude.

Maybe I shouldn't have taken my non-Platinum friends with me to the dining room or the Concierge Desk. Some may think that is taking advantage and they would be right. I can't help it though, I do for friends and always have.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:27 AM

I don't think so Dwayne. They were your friends and you we traveling with them so they should help them also. They didn't get VIP boarding or the other amenities that Platinum guests have but I don't see what you did to be stepping over the line. The table swap may have even been more difficult if it was just you that wanted to change. with your friends, you made a full table of four...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-13-2010, 07:57 PM
There is nothing better when you are cruising with your sister-in law that you dont like and she and her boyfreind are not Plantinum.. We get in a diffrent line.Put in a diffrent room.Get to wave at them while you are boarding. Get to the buffet line.oh we are the first ones here. Get 2nds and then she shows up and oh. I am done see ya!! and when we go to the pursur desk she in the back of the line,I walk up get immediat help. SEE YA!! I am so mean

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
2013, caribbean, carnival, cruise, galley, lines, member, members, perks, platinum, royal, scene, scenes, tour