Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2005, 10:24 AM

Myself, my daughters and their dance teams were booked to sail on the Sensation Feb. 2. But with the Sensation being chartered we will now be on the Elation out of Galveston. We were very lucky, we got the same sail dates at the same price. I guess now I'm looking for info on the Elation. It is newer than the Sensation, does it look the same on board? For a while it looked as though we would have to sail 2 weeks earlier at a higher rate but our TA just kept checking for our rooms every day until they were finally available. I guess some people had to cancel? Port information or tips in Galveston would also be appreciated. Thanks!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:58 AM

cajungirl,

"Sensation" and "Elation" are sister ships, with the "Elation" (built in 1998) being five years "younger" than "Sensation" (built in 1993). The ships are almost identical, even though the decor differs. There are eight ships in that same class and none are identical as far as the decor is concerned.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-09-2005, 07:31 PM

Cajungirl: I think my review of Elation is the most recent one. Check it out and if you want to know anything else, ask away.

Good luck!

Carla
Old 09-14-2005, 05:29 AM

Carla,
I finally returned home from my travels and had a chance to read your excellent review of the Elation. Thanks for sharing your experience in such great detail. I had to laugh at your comment regarding the entertainment and the reference to Simon Cowell's comment on American Idol. My daughter and I just returned from a cruise on the Imagination and the minute I heard the lead female vocalist - that same thought popped into my head. In fact, in her case, I thought she would never have made it through the auditions.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
elation, sensation